Firewall Of The United States is a huge scam, which belongs to Ukash ransomware virus. If you see the alert claiming 'This computer has been blocked to Americans by the US Government Firewall', you should be aware that it's completely fake and seeks only to rip you off. This is done by using quite a misleading scheme, which includes a list of various e-crimes and additionally asks to pay a fine ($200) for their violation. Firewall Of The United States clearly follows FBI virus or FBI Green Dot Moneypak Virus and is prepared to attack USA's users. Once it gets on its target PC, it blocks its system and replaces computer's desktop with it huge warning. This system's lock down has been a serious issue for many infected PC users. However, you can remove Firewall Of The United States if you want to, you just need to know some special steps.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH Firewall Of The United States virus?
Firewall Of The United States virus is distributed through the hacked websites. In most of the cases, they are sites filled with adult content, gambling websites or gaming portals. Furthermore, Firefox need to update immediately fake alert can also infect your PC with this ransomware. Once PC gets infected with this virus, computer becomes completely blocked and even rebooting to Safe Mode with networking doesn't work in this situation. Firewall Of The United States virus immediately replaces computer's desktop with its fake alert, which displays such things as your webcam or IP adress. It claims:
THE FIREWALL OF THE UNITED STATES
This computer has been blocked to Americans by the US Government Firewall
Illegally downloaded material(audio, videos or software)has been located on your computer
By downloading, those were reproduced, thereby involving a criminal offence under Section 106 of Copyright Act.
The downloading of the copyrighted material via the Internet or music sharing networks is illegal and is in the accordance with Section 106 of the Copyright Act subject to a fine or imprisonment for a penalty of up to 3 years.
Furthermore, possession of illegally downloaded material is punishable under Section 184 paragraph 3 of the Criminal Code and may also lead to the confiscation of the computer, with which the files were downloaded.
To perform the payment, enter the acquired GreenDot MoneyPack code in the designated payment field and press the “OK” button.
The biggest mistake users can make when seeing Firewall Of The United States message on their computers is to pay the fine. Instead of doing that, you should simply ignore this or similar notification because it's fake, and remove Firewall Of The United States virus from the system. First attempts to do that may be hard for you. However, we can guarantee that this procedure is not as hard as it looks from the first sight.
HOW TO REMOVE Firewall Of The United States virus?
To unlock your computer and get an ability to scan it with decent anti-malware, follow these options:
* Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download Reimage or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with Firewall Of The United States once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with Firewall Of The United States virus are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual Firewall Of The United States virus removal (special skills needed!):
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable Firewall Of The United States virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Reimage to remove remaining Firewall Of The United States virus files.