FocusBase virus is a potentially unwanted program that is capable of making system’s modifications and then initiating various unwanted activities on it. It spreads around in a form of web browser plug-in that is compatible with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and other web browsers. If you let Focusbase hijack these browsers, it will start tracking your browsing habits and will also display various pop-up notifications according to them. No matter that it sounds harmless, this can easily cause redirects to unfamiliar and unsafe websites, and may also initiate privacy related issues. That’s why we don’t recommend keeping FocusBase on the system. If you decide that it’s time to remove this potentially unwanted program from your computer, you should scan it with reputable anti-spyware. By the way, resetting each of affected web browsers is also recommended for a complete elimination of Focusbase virus.
How can Focusbase infiltrate my computer?
You can download this potentially unwanted program on your computer from its official website or in a bundle with freeware and shareware that is typically filled with various “optional downloads” for monetization. However, that doesn't mean that you can't avoid this questionable application. You can avoid it by checking what kind of freeware you are installing on your computer and what attachments are trying to enter in a bundle. For that you should always read end-user license agreement and choose Custom or Advanced installation method. Also, uncheck all check marks that say that you agree with the installation of various add-ons, extensions, toolbars and similar programs. If you missed the check mark that allowed FocusBase installation, you should waste no time and follow instructions that are given below:
How to remove Focubase virus?
If you noticed FocusBase redirects, ads and similar issues on your browser, it's a sign that this potentially unwanted program is already hiding in it. For fixing your PC, you should scan your computer with reputable anti-spyware and then reset your browsers. For scanning system, we recommend using Reimage or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus. Then you should follow these steps:
- Remove Focusbase from you computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as FocusBase or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.