Four Finders is a potentially unwanted program, which promises to improve people’s browsing experience. However, it seems that it causes the opposite effect because it redirects people to unknown websites by displaying commercial pop-up ads, advertisement banners and sponsored links each time they start browsing on the web. In fact, Four Finders hijacks all web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, so you may find that you can’t avoid its ads no matter which browser you choose. If you noticed Four Finders ads or Four Finders deals, we recommend checking computer with reputable anti-spyware. In addition, you should reset your browsers for completely removing this PUP from the system.
How can Four Finders infiltrate my computer?
Four Finders virus is mostly distributed in a bundle with other programs. Unfortunately, in most of the cases people agree to let such and similar PUPs in because they don’t pay an appropriate attention to freeware’s installation and simply agree with the installation of various add-ons, plugins, extensions and similar adware. In order to avoid that, you should choose Custom or Advanced method when downloading programs from the web. It’s especially recommended when downloading unfamiliar apps from the Internet that are offered for free. If you think that Four Finders might be installed on your computer, you should waste no time and remove this adware from it. In order to do that, follow these steps:
How to remove Four Finders ads?
If you started receiving ads from Four Finders, you should uninstall its web browser plugin. For that follow these steps:
- Uninstall unknown freeware via Add/Remove Programs list. For that, use these instructions:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Four Finders and other recently installed freeware.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes.
- Finally, reset your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find unknown extensions and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Show Advanced settings' -> 'Reset browser settings' and click 'Reset'.