Foxy Security is a web browser extension, which is compatible with all web browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.). In most of the cases, it is installed on the system when seeking to improve one's browsing security. However, you can also agree to install this program on your computer without your knowledge. That's because it is actively spread using other programs, such as various download managers, PDF creators and similar software. Once installed on the system, this program alters various system's settings. After that, Foxy Security may start displaying commercial pop-up ads, initiate redirects and similar inconveniences. However, that's not the most doubtful thing about this program. It seems that Foxy Security virus can also connect to its remote server. Data that is sent to it involves users' browsing activity, such as mostly visited websites, data that is entered on them, time that is spent on them, etc. If you want to avoid privacy-related issues, you should remove Foxy Security.
How can Foxy Security hijack my computer?
As we have already mentioned, Foxy Security can be installed from its official website just like any other application. However, you may also agree with its installation when downloading various download managers, PDF creators and similar software from the Internet. For preventing its infiltration, you should remember that you have to choose Custom or Advanced installation when downloading freeware from the web. In addition to this, you should also monitor every installation step and opt out of such optional downloads as Foxy Security. If you have already noticed this freeware and its annoying activities (Foxy Security redirects, pop-up ads, slow downs, etc.), you should waste no time and remove it from the system. Keeping it on your computer may result in the infiltration of other questionable programs, such as various toolbars, extensions that are supposed to help people save the money, etc.
How to remove Foxy Security?
Technically, Foxy Security is not a virus. However, if it showed up on your computer out of nowhere, it's a sign that your computer is vulnerable. Don't waste your time and scan it with Reimage, SpyHunterCombo Cleaner, Malwarebytes Malwarebytes. Once you finish a removal of malicious files, make sure you follow these steps:
- Remove Foxy Security from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Foxy Security, Securita Scout or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for Foxy Security, Bho.dll or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.