Fraven is a browser extension that may hijack your browser and force you to see annoying advertisements everywhere. You should stay away from this questionable application and remove it if it enters your computer. If this dubious plug-in infiltrates your computer, you may see intrusive ads that are labeled as 'Ads by Fraven', 'Powered by Fraven', 'Fraven ads', 'Brought by Fraven', etc. Furthermore, this ad-supported program is also capable of tracking your online activities. Therefore, it may even cause privacy-related issues. This dubious application is capable of hijacking all your browser at once. So, these irritating ads may follow you everywhere you go. If you do not want that to happen, you should read this whole article and find more information about Fraven adware and how to remove it.
How can Fraven hijack my computer?
It looks like that this questionable program usually travels bundled with various free programs. Don't worry, we can give you a couple of helpful tips on how to install unfamiliar freewares and how to prevent Fraven virus from entering your computer. The first thing that you should do is get yourself a reliable anti-spyware tool. Secondly, if you are going to install an unfamiliar program, don't rush the installation process by any means. Take some time and check whether this program is save enough. If you fail to do that, Fraven virus may enter your computer without even asking for your approval. Thirdly, don't be too hasty and don't click the 'next' button thru the entire installation process. Instead, choose 'advanced' or 'custom' installation option, track the entire installation, and try to find suspicious attachments, such as Fraven.
How to remove Fraven virus from my computer?
If you decide to click Fraven ads, you may be rerouted to an unsafe website and expose your computer to various cyber threats. Prevent Fraven redirects from happening and remove this useless program as soon as possible.
- Remove Fraven from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Fraven, or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries, such as Fraven.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.