Frevens Pro (also known as Frevens Pro 13) is labeled as an adware and a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that raises many questions and doubts. That is because this questionable extension may hijack your browser, flood you with advertisements and even track your online activities. Frevens Pro is capable of displaying various banner-type ads, in-text ads and search-related ads. Many internet users install this doubtful extension while thinking that it will enhance their browsing experience. Although that sounds very compelling, you should think twice before installing Frevens Pro on your computer. Moreover, this PUP may violate your privacy by tracking your online presence.
How can Frevens Pro hijack my computer?
As we have mentioned before, Frevens Pro may be promoted as a useful plug-in that should help online shoppers to save some money. However, the reality is quite different. This application only seeks to make money from advertising and to redirect its victims to affiliate websites. Unfortunately, that is not all. Frevens Pro virus may travel via freewares, sharewares and other free applications as an extra attachment. Such programs as Free Video Converter, YouTube Video Downloader, PDF to Word Converter, Free Music Downloader, etc. are usually bundled with various ad-support attachments. That is why you should be very careful and only install programs that are completely safe. Moreover, if you have a reliable anti-spyware program, you should have no problems protecting your computer from Frevens Pro virus.
How to remove Frevens Pro from my computer?
Unfortunately, sometimes Frevens Pro may slip thru your defense and enter your computer unnoticeably. If that happens, you may be flooded with Frevens Pro ads and your browser may act strangely. Don't worry, you just need to follow these simple steps and remove this adware from your system:
- Uninstall Frevens Pro from your computer:
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Frevens Pro or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for Frevens Pro or other unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.