Fst_us_101 ads and annoying pop-ups may flood your screen every time when you open your browser. If that is the case, there is a high possibility that your computer has been hijacked by an adware or a potentially unwanted program (PUP). Don't worry, Fst_us_101 is not a malicious infection. However, if this unwanted intruder is hiding in your system, in worst case scenario, you may experience privacy-related issues. Moreover, you should also avoid clicking Fst_us_101 ads because there is no telling where you may be redirected. Even cyber criminals may hide behind these ads and make you expose your system's vulnerabilities or make you expose your private information. You should read the 'how to' guide and remove this invader from your computer.
How can Fst_us_101 hijack my computer?
This potentially unwanted program (PUP) may enter your computer very unnoticeably. It may happen right after you install an unfamiliar freeware because this program may travel as an additional attachment. Fst_us_101 virus hides as a regular-looking toolbar, plug-in or similar extension for your browser. Having a reliable security tool will drastically increase your chances to protect your computer. However, if you do not have an anti-spyware program, you should attentively choose what programs you need to install. Check every single program, track the entire installation process, and unmark all doubtful toolbars and similar additions because Fst_us_101 virus may hide as one.
How to remove Fst_us_101 from my computer?
You should check your recently installed programs and remove the suspicious ones. It is also recommended to scan your computer with a legitimate anti-spyware program in order to remove the hidden files or registry entries if Fst_us_101 virus has dropped them. Follow these simple steps and get rid of this useless intruder.
- Remove the freeware, which is related to Fst_us_101:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as SaverAddon, SupTab, ShoppingAddon, ValueApps, Lollipop, PriceMeter, Supra Savings, weDownload Manager, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, BetterSurf, PureLead, Search Assist, Re-Markable, Lollipop, HD-Total-Plus, Safe Saver, Trusted Web, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, PureLeads, Media Player 1.1, RRSavings or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.