Gagnantduprix.com ads and redirects may look like various pop-ups with messages that you won a prize ('You've been chosen to win an Apple iPad'), or propositions to participate in online competitions ('Complete a survey and win an iPhone', 'Participate in this contest and you will win a new laptop!'). As you can imagine, these pop-ups, notifications, ads and similar messages are completely fake. This unfair marketing technique is used in order to draw attention and for you to click them. In fact, Gagnantduprix.com is labeled as an advertising platform that may use ad-supported applications (adwares) in order to infiltrate your computer and display these annoying ads. In other words, Gagnantduprix.com adware may act this way with the intention to redirect you to sponsored websites and to make money from advertising.
How can Gagnantduprix.com hijack my computer?
It looks like this unwanted intruder was designed in order to target French speaking internet users. However, even people from other countries can easily get Gagnantduprix.com virus. That is because this adware may travel together with numerous freewares. Internet is filled with free applications that may carry Gagnantduprix.com virus as an extra attachment. You should also avoid clicking these misleading notifications because there is no telling where you may be redirected. Furthermore, if you agree to participate in a similar fake contest, you may expose your private information or even download a malicious application. Ad-supported applications that are related to this advertising platform may hide as regular toolbars, plug-ins, add-ons, or other extensions for your browser. So, if you are going to install an unfamiliar freeware, unmark all doubtful attachments without any hesitation.
How to remove Gagnantduprix.com pop-up virus?
In order to stop Gagnantduprix.com ads from appearing, you need to identify and eliminate the freeware, which is related to it. Check your Add/Remove Programs folder and remove suspicious and most recently installed applications. Follow these simple guidelines and remove this pesky intruder:
- Remove the freeware, which is related to Gagnantduprix.com:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as SaverAddon, SupTab, Shopping-Addon, ValueApps, Lollipop, PriceMeter, Supra Savings, weDownload Manager, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, BetterSurf, PureLead, Search Assist, Re-Markable, Lollipop, HD-Total-Plus, Safe Saver, Trusted Web, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, PureLeads, Media Player 1.1, RRSavings or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.