Get.default-page.com virus is an advertising platform, which can affect each of your web browsers. It spreads around with a help of freeware and shareware as an optional download. In order to avoid it, you should carefully monitor installation of such programs and uncheck the check box that says that you agree to install this extension on the system. As soon as it infiltrates its target PC system, Get.default-page.com hijacks each of its web browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer, etc. Because of that, avoiding commercial pop-up ads, in-text links and redirects becomes a serious task. If you noticed continuous messages claiming that you should update your browser, flash player or other applications, you should ignore them because they are used to distribute adwares and other potentially unwanted programs. Please, ignore all 'Update' warnings and check your computer with reputable anti-spyware in order to remove all viruses from it.
How can Get.default-page.com hijack my browsers?
In most of the cases, Get.default-page.com pop-up ads start appearing out of nowhere. People who are seeing them think that they are displayed by specific web sites but that's not true. In reality, they are caused by a potentially unwanted program (plugin, extension, add on, etc.), which was installed on their computers in a bundle with freeware and shareware. In order to avoid such applications, you should remember that you can be tricked into installing them when you download free programs without paying an appropriate amount of your attention to their installation. Remember, there are lots of freewares are involved to the distribution of Get.default-page.com, so you should choose only Custom or Advanced installation method of the freeware and then check the list of free additions in order to avoid it. If you notice any suspicious mention about add-ons, extentions or plugins, you should uncheck it. If you have already noticed Get.default-page.com ads during your browsing, you should follow this step-bu-step guide for eliminating it.
How to remove Get.default-page.com virus?
There are lots of adwares that cause misleading pop-up notifications during people's browsing. If you noticed them during your browsing, you should waste no time and scan your system with Reimage that has been effectively working with this threat. You can also use Malwarebytes Malwarebytes or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareNorton Internet Security. Once you finish a scan, follow these steps:
- Uninstall freeware, which is related to “Please update player” pop-up virus
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
- When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unknown applications, such as Coupon Saver, WebCake and similar unknown entries.
- Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Change your homepage.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Finally, change your homepage.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Settings -> Show Advanced Settings.
- Here, look for 'Reset browser settings' button.
- Click 'Reset' to complete this task.