GetGo Search (you may also find it named as search.getgosoft.com) is one of these search engines that show commercial pop-up ads, redirect people to unknown websites and initiate other unfair activities. Typically, it shows up on computer instead of the start page and default search engine on all web browsers that are installed on the system. The main reason, why GetGo Search is spread on the Internet, is its ability to return altered search results and make users go to sponsored websites. That's why we don't recommend relying on this search engine when browsing on the web. Instead of it, you should try using more reliable search sites, such as Google or Bing. In addition, you should make sure that GetGo Search is not on your computer anymore.
HOW CAN GetGo Search GET INSIDE THE SYSTEM?
GetGo Search is distributed just like many other search tools. If you found this program on your computer, that means you agreed to download it when downloaded freeware or shareware. Those who want to avoid GetGo Search should know that they can do that by paying more attention to the installation process of the freeware. As soon as you see a check box, which claims: 'I agree to install Getgo Toolbar' or 'I agree to make search.getgosoft.com my default search engine', you should uncheck it. However, if you didn't remove this check mark and now you suffer from Getgo Search redirects, you shouldn't ignore them. Please, follow a detailed guide below and remove this application.
HOW TO REMOVE GetGo Search?
If you want to remove GetGo Search from the system, you should follow this guide. We also recommend scanning the system with Reimage or Malwarebytes to make sure that your computer is free of viruses.
First of all, eliminate GetGo Search via Add/Remove Programs list:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for GetGo Search and other unknown entries, and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Additionally, remove GetGo Search from your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
- Here, look for GetGo Search and similar entries, and click 'uninstall'.
- After that, change the start page.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’.
- Find GetGo Search and similar entries, and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Once you do that, don't forget to change the start page.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools -> Extensions.
- Here, look for GetGo Search and other unknown extensions and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
- After that, change the settings of your start page.