Gigantic Savings is yet another commercial application, which is also categorized as an adware. The main reason why security experts decided to warn people about this program is its annoying activity, which causes continuous interruptions during people’s browsing. Gigantic Savings is one of those programs that display notifications about coupons, discounts, price comparisons and similar things that look very promising. However, you should never forget that these ads are used only for making people visit specific sites and increase their sales or page rank. In order to avoid Gigantic Savings redirects, you should ignore advertisements that are caused by this browser extension. If this program has already hijacked your Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or other browser, you should don’t waste your time and remove it from them.
How can Gigantic Savings infiltrate my computer?
Gigantic Savings is very similar to Savings Bull, Giant Savings and many other adwares that display advertisements when people start their browsing sessions. However, you just need to prevent infiltration of these programs and you will avoid their ads because these notifications have nothing to do with these websites where you see them. In order to avoid Gigantic Savings virus, you should firstly realize how it’s spread. In most of the cases, it infiltrates computers in a bundle with freeware and shareware. That means that you should be very careful when downloading such programs from the web. The easiest way to get ability to monitor installation of the freeware is to choose Custom or Advanced installation process. In addition, you should find check marks that agree with Gigantic Savings installation and uncheck them. If Gigantic Savings hijacked your system, we recommend you following a guide below:
How to remove Gigantic Savings?
When trying to remove Gigantic Savings, you should follow these steps:
- Scan your computer with reputable anti-spyware. We recommend using Reimage or Malwarebytes Malwarebytes.
- Remove recently installed freeware:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Gigantic Savings and other unfamiliar extensions and similar entries.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes
- Reset your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Change your homepage.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Finally, change your homepage.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Settings -> Show Advanced Settings.
- Here, look for 'Reset browser settings' button.
- Click 'Reset' to complete this task.