Ginger is a legitimate editing program, which helps people to check the grammar, punctuation and spelling. However, there are many PC users who discuss about its trustworthiness and look for a decent way that could help them to get rid of this program completely. According to them, Ginger Software causes annoying pop-up advertisements, slows down the system, downloads other programs without asking a decent permission and initiates similar issues on all web browsers that are installed on the system. If you didn't install this application on your computer manually, we recommend removing Ginger from the system.
HOW CAN GINGER GET INSIDE MY COMPUTER?
Ginger is available on all popular websites, such as cnet and similar. However, you must also remember that this program may infiltrate your computer in a bundle with other applications. In most of occasions, it relies on freeware and shareware that include it as additional download. If you want to prevent its infiltration, you have to opt-out its entry. As soon as Ginger Software is installed, it runs every time you start your browsing session. Typically, it operates as a grammar and spelling checker but it may also show you various pop-up advertisements and slow down your browsers. If you want to avoid that, we recommend uninstalling Ginger from the system.
HOW TO REMOVE GINGER?
If you want to remove Ginger, follow this guide:
- Eliminate Ginger via Add/Remove Programs list at first:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Ginger and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Additionally, remove Ginger's add-on from your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options' -> 'Advanced' tab.
- Here, click 'Reset' and check 'Delete personal settings' in the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' section.
- Click on 'Reset' -> 'Close' -> OK.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’.
- Find Ginger and other unknown entries, and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools -> Extensions.
- Here, look for Ginger extension and get rid of it by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
We also recommend checking the system with updated anti-spyware to make sure that it's free of viruses and other potentially-malicious applications. For that, we recommend using Reimage.