Glomatron is a potentially unwanted program, which displays continuous pop-up ads and notifications during people's browsing. Although they look safe and legitimate, users should know more about such advertisements and their distribution methods. Most of them are caused by a web browser plugin, which is mostly attached and bundled with freeware programs. When downloading freeware, you may get a ad-supported browser plug-in for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and etc. Once it is installed on the system, Glomatron hijacks browsing system and may start causing irritating pop-ups and other visual advertisements. In some cases, these pop-ups are used to make people visit dubious and insecure sites. In order to avoid that, you should make sure you remove Glomatron virus from the system.
How can Glomatron ads appear on my computer?
Glomatron and other plug-ins are added to computer when user is downloading and installing freeware from the Internet. Very few people are reading what is stated in the Terms of Service section, therefore publishers of this adware program may manipulate it for commercial reasons. When installing free softwares you are not familiar with, it is strongly recommended to select “advanced” or similar installation method. In this particular case you should also read Terms of Service before installation. By doing so, you will have a better understanding what type of program you are installing and what sort of extensions or plug-ins are bundled with it. Follow each installation step and unmark all additional check marks you are not familiar with. If you noticed Glomatron redirects, there is a possibility that your system is infected with this adware virus. Don't worry, just follow these guidelines, submitted below by our security experts, for safe and quick removal of this adware. You may also scan your system with reliable and legitimate spyware removal tool for deeper inspection of your system.
How to remove Glomatron virus?
Glomatron ads is a sign that something is wrong on your computer. In this case, you should scan your PC with reputable anti-spyware, such as Reimage or Malwarebytes. Once you remove malicious files, follow these simple steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for unknown entries/recently installed freeware, such as Glomatron.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes.
- Once you do that, reset your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find unknown extensions and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Show Advanced settings' -> 'Reset browser settings' and click 'Reset'.