Golsearch.com is a very questionable search engine that may appear on your computer out of nowhere. If that happens, it means that a potentially unwanted program infiltrated your computer and altered some of your PC's settings. In most of the cases, it alters home page and default search engine. If Golsearch.com gets ability to hijack each of the browsers, it may start manipulating them for making the money from advertising. We have noticed that this search engine may not only display various advertisements, sponsored links and commercial messages during your search. It may also alter your search results and fill them with in-text ads and similar content. Be sure that this is done for the only aim – redirect you to affiliate websites.
How can Golsearch.com hijack my computer?
Similarly to SearchGol.com, Golsearch.com may appear on your computer right after the installation of a related application that is called Searchgol Toolbar. This toolbar is promoted as an application that can help people reach their favorite websites, access to Facebook, YouTube, etc. However, as we have mentioned before, it may also install Golsearch.com on your computer. If your home page and default search engine were changed without your approval, you should look for a recently installed freeware, which was involved in Golsearch.com distribution. In order to protect your system and avoid such potentially unwanted programs and browser hijackers, you should avoid unfamiliar programs. If you still need a program but you are not sure about it, select advanced or custom installation method and follow the entire process one step at a time.
How to remove Golsearch.com virus from my computer?
In order to stop Golsearch redirects and other dubious activities, you should remove Golsearch.com from your computer. You can do that with a help of Reimage, Malwarebytes or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareNorton Internet Security. Also, follow these instructions and remove Golsearch.com redirect virus from your computer:
- Uninstall freeware, which is related to Golsearch.com:
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Searchgol Toolbar, BitGuard, BrowserProtect, Gol-Search Toolbar, Gol-Search Chrome Toolbar, Delta Toolbar, Delta Chrome Toolbar, etc.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click on the 'Settings' icon and choose 'Manage Addons'.
2. Go to 'Search Providers and change your default search engine to Bing or Google;
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the orange Mozilla button and select add-ons.
2. Here, choose 'Extensions’ tab and select Golsearch and other unknown extensions.
3. Click the 'Remove button and restart the browser.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Settings' -> 'Basics' -> 'Manage Search engines'.
2. Here, look for Golsearch and other unknown entries and remove them.
3. Now go 'Settings' -> 'Open blank page'.