Goong.info is a search engine, which may start appearing on each of your browsers out of nowhere. That's because it is closely related to browser hijacker, which modifies PC's settings and starts annoying redirections each time victims begin searching on the Internet. While you may be tricked into believing that goong.info is a harmless website, which can be used in your daily online routine, this search site can be easily modified to return altered search results for its victims. Beware that it can be made to trick you into entering unknown websites that may be used to spread unwanted applications and, even more, viruses. Besides, such search engines tend to track users and their browsing habits in order to sell this data for the third parties. Please, do NOT ignore redirections to Goong.info and, if you use it when searching on the web, be really careful.
WHY DO I SUFFER FROM GOONG.INFO REDIRECTS?
As it has already been mentioned, Goong.info relies on browser hijacker, which modifies some of PC's parameters and makes you visit this site against your will. You can download this virus in a bundle with freeware, spam, malware and similar downloads. Of course, you can prevent its infiltration by installing updated anti-virus and anti-spyware on your machine. As soon as this browser hijacker comes inside, it alters the start page, default search engine and new tab page on its target PC. As a result, this site starts showing up on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox and makes you forget about Google, Bing, Yahoo or other reputable search engine. If you want to get rid of Goong's redirects and make sure that your machine is safe, follow the guide given below:
HOW TO REMOVE Goong.info REDIRECT VIRUS?
You can redirect Goong.info redirect virus, by checking the system with updated anti-spyware. For that, we recommend using Reimage. As soon as you finish the scan, follow these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Goong.info and similar entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Finally, fix each of your browsers with a help of these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall Goong and other entries that are unknown for you.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find Goong and other unknown entries and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click on the ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’ icon, select ‘Options’ -> ‘Basic’ and change the homepage to google.com or other.
- Click the ‘Manage search engines…’ -> choose ‘Google’ and make it the default search engine.