Gos.drivedo.net is yet another dubious advertising platform, which is mainly used to display sponsored ads for Internet users. As far as we know, this program is closely related to an adware called PassShow. It is promoted as a useful tool for people who always forgets their passwords or logins. However, if youl read its terms of service, you can clearly see that it is yet another adware-type program: “The use of the Extension (PassShow) is free of charge and sponsored by advertisements that would be served to you by Us, by Our affiliates or by third party vendors under their sole terms and responsibility.” So, although PassShow is promoted as a helpful tool, the first impression may be deceiving. If you noticed Gos.drivedo.net redirects, pop-up ads and similar commercial content, your browser was hijacked. In this case, we highly suggest you to remove Gos.drivedo.net because leaving this adware may cause infiltration of even more serious cyber threats, such as viruses, trojans and other malicious programs.
How can Gos.drivedo.net virus infiltrate my computer?
Sometimes Gos.drivedo.net virus and similar adwares are promoted via free programs, games or apps. This distribution method is called bundling. If you want to avoid Gos.drivedo.net pop-ups, don't download questionable programs, such as PassShow. We can give you more useful tips how to avoid similar adwares, potentially unwanted programs and browser-hijackers. Firstly, don't download unfamiliar programs from unknown websites. Secondly, make sure that the program you are going to install is safe enough. Read users' reviews and comments about this program and don't forget to read terms of agreement policy section before any questionable installation. Thirdly, avoid clicking the next button all the time. Avoid quick, basic or recommended installation options. Finally, select advanced installation option and closely follow the entire progress and unmark all doubtful extensions/plug-ins/toolbars you may be offered. These simple tips will help you to avoid Gos.drivedo.net and related intruders.
How to remove Gos.drivedo.net pop-up ads from my computer?
In order to stop annoying pop-up ads, you should remove ad-supported plug-in that causes these ads. These steps, submitted by our security experts below, will help you to remove Gos.drivedo.net pop-up virus:
- Uninstall unknown freeware via Add/Remove Programs list. For that, use these instructions:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for HD-Total-Plus, RemoveThaeAdAopp, UTUobEAdaBlock, SafeSaver, SupTab, ValueApps, Lollipop, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, Plus-HD 1.3, BetterSurf, Trusted Web, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, YGos.drivedo.net 1.2, Media Player 1.1, Savings Bull, Feven Pro 1.1, Websteroids, Savings Bull, HD-Plus 3.5, Re-markit and other recently installed freeware.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find unknown extensions and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Show Advanced settings' -> 'Reset browser settings' and click 'Reset'.