HDvidCodec is a doubtful program, which was developed mainly for helping several sites increase their page rank and sales. Although, creators of this potentially unwanted program (PUP) describe it as a useful tool for people who want to receive higher quality HD video streaming. After this questionable program is added to your system, you may suffer from irritating and annoying pop-ups, in-text ads and other similar distractions. That's because HdvidCodec is involved to WebCake's and other potentially unwanted program's distribution that typically initiate these annoying activities. We suggest you to avoid all unfamiliar ads because you can be directed to unsafe and even dangerous websites. Apart from these distracting ads, HDvidCodec may also install its toolbar, which is called HDVidCodec Delta bar.
How can HDvidCodec infiltrate my PC?
Similarly to other free apps, HDVidCodec is available at various download sites. In fact, you can download this plug-in directly from its official web page, which is known as hdvidcodec(dot)com. However, before you decide to do that, take into account that this dubious program may also carry some additional baggage – other potentially unwanted programs (PUPs). That's why you should always conduct a small research, read some reviews and comments about this program before you install it on the system. In addition, don't rush the installation process, select advanced installation method. By selecting this method, you will be able to follow the entire installation process step by step. Besides, don't forget to unmark all additional extensions and finish your installation.
How to remove HDvidCodec from my PC?
Removing this unwanted program is an easy part. The hard part is to keep your system protected all the time. For that you should always have installed one of these applications: Reimage, SpyHunterCombo Cleaner, Malwarebytes Malwarebytes. They can also help you to remove HdvidCodec from the system. To complete its removal, follow these steps:
- Remove recently installed freeware, which spreads Wow.utop.it:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for HDVidCodec, Webcake and similar entries.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes
- Reset your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find unknown entries, and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- No click 'Settings' -> 'Manage search engines' and change your default search engine.