HighliteApp is a suspicious application, which may start interfering with your browsing experience while you are browsing on the web. If you read the terms of service section of Highlite App, you may notice that this program is yet another potentially unwanted program (PUP) that causes such commercial activities: “(…) During general internet usage on sites where Highlite operates, users may see additional banner, search, pop-up, pop-under, and in-text link advertisements. You will see approximately, between 1 and 5 banner advertisements per page, 1 and 4 search advertisements per page, 1-4 in text advertisements per page, and 1-2 pop-up or pop-under ads per day.”. If you noticed irritating advertisements and commercial messages that are labeled as “ads by HighliteApp”, “brought to you by HighliteApp”, “HighliteApp ads”, etc., you should check your computer for this ad-supported plugin.
How can Highlite App hijack my computer?
This potentially unwanted program is often promoted as a tool that helps to find desired information; it has a feature to highlight a word or a sentence and quickly find the information that is related to it. However, you may noticed not only HighliteApp redirects to such websites as Wikipedia, Vocabulary, social networks, search websites, etc. You can also be tricked into entering questionable sites that seek to increase the number of their visitors. Highlite App is completely free, therefore there are many internet users who have downloaded it. I addition to that, you may also agree to install this app on your computer when downloading freeware and shareware from third parties. In order to avoid such unwanted programs, you should be very careful when installing a doubtful free program. You should check whether this program is safe enough to be installed in the system and always choose Custom or Advanced installation option that allows opting out of such adwares like this one.
How to remove Highlite App popup virus?
As we have mentioned before, we can not guarantee that this program is reliable. If you think that Highlite App virus has affected your PC system, you should follow these steps:
- Uninstall freeware, which is related to HighliteApp:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
- When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as HighliteApp, Highlightly, UTUobEAdaBlock, SafeSaver, SupTab, ValueApps, Lollipop, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, Plus-HD 1.3, BetterSurf, Trusted Web, LyricsBuddy-1, Media Player 1.1, Savings Bull, Feven Pro 1.2, Websteroids, Supra Savings, HD-Plus 3.5, Re-markit and similar unknown entries.
- Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Change your homepage.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Finally, change your homepage.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Settings -> Show Advanced Settings.
- Here, look for 'Reset browser settings' button.
- Click 'Reset' to complete this task.