Hot-finder.com is another search engine, which may try to enter your PC unnoticed. It seems that it tries to do that with a help of other applications that are actively spread for free. If don't what to let Hot-finder.com virus change your start page or default search engine, you should be very careful when downloading such programs on your computer. We must also mention about other negatives that are related to this search site: it may try to show you altered search results, display annoying pop-up notifications and slow down each of your web browsers. If you noticed Hot-finder.com redirects, be sure that it seeks to make you visit its affiliate websites. Some of these sites may be insecure, so please, be very careful with Hot-finder.com. If you didn't install it voluntarily, you should remove it from the system.
How can Hot-finder.com appear on my computer?
In most of the cases, Hot-finder.com hijacks systems unnoticed because people don't bother to monitor installation of freeware and shareware that is actively used in its distribution. Keep in mind that there are hundreds of different programs that are involved to the distribution of various add-ons, plugins, toolbars and search engines. When talking about this search engine, you should know that Wsys Control is one of those programs. However, if you want to avoid it, believe us that is not very hard. You just need to choose Custom or Advanced installation and then look for the check mark that says that you agree to choose your start page or default search engine to Hot-finder.com. This search site is compatible with all main web browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer, so basically you have no chance to miss infiltration of this browser hijacker.
How to remove Hot-finder.com?
If your start page or default search engine was replaced by Hot-finder.com, it's a sign that your PC was affected by browser hijacker. We don't recommend leaving it there because it may redirect you to insecure websites, display tons of annoying ads and initiate similar unwanted activities. If you want to avoid these activities, you should follow this step-by-step guide and remove Hot-finder.com virus from the system:
- Scan your computer with reliable anti-spyware program. For that we recommend using Reimage or Malwarebytes.
- Uninstall Hot-finder.com from your computer:
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Wsys Control 10.2.1.2652, etc.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Restore your browsers:
1. In order to change your homepage, click on the gear icon again and select 'Internet options'.
2. Remove Hot-finder.com and enter your preferred domain name.
3. In order to change your default search engine, click on the gear icon again, select 'Manage Add-ons' -> 'Search Providers',
4. Set your preferred search engine.
1. In order to change your homepage, click Firefox, choose 'Options'
2. Here, eliminate Hot-finder.com and enter your preferred website.
3. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon and question mark icon
4. Here, click 'Troubleshooting Information' and click 'Reset Firefox'.
1. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose 'Settings' -> 'On startup' section -> 'set pages'
2. Here, eliminate Hot-finder.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
3. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> 'Settings' -> 'Search' section
4. Here, click 'Manage Search Engines…' and add your preferred domain name.