HQTotalS is a potentially unwanted program, adware, which can show up on your computer one day. In most of the cases, it is installed in a bundle with other programs, so there is no surprise why hundreds of people have started discussing about this program calling it virus. In reality, you shouldn't call HQTotalS virus because it can't harm your computer in any way. However, as soon as this PUP is installed on the system, it can easily initiate changes in each of your web browsers. In addition, it may start showing continuous pop-up ads or may initiate redirects to predetermined websites. This is done for a very simple reason – HQTotalS redirects people to those websites that seek to increase the number of their visitors or want to improve their sales. However, there is no guarantee that you won't be forced to visit a site, which is filled with illegal or dangerous content. In order to avoid previously mentioned activities and prevent infiltration of viruses, you should remove this potentially unwanted program from your computer.
How can HQTotalS hijack my computer?
HQTotalS is spread using various techniques. It should be said that some of them are legitimate and fair, some of them – not so much. Officially, this program is presented as a tool that could help people save the money by displaying information about the latest discounts, coupons and similar things. However, just like we have already mentioned, the main thing it seeks is to generate web traffic and sales. In addition, you can also discover HQTotalS installed on your computer without your approval. In order to avoid that, you should remember that the easiest way to let this adware come inside the system is when installing freewares and sharewares. That's why you should always carefully check installation process of the free apps and try to find all check marks that typically claim that you agree to install HQTotalS on your computer. If you have already installed this program on your system, follow this guide and remove it from the system.
How to remove HQTotalS virus?
In order to make sure that your computer is free of dangerous files, you should check it with Reimage, Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareMalwarebytes Malwarebytes. Once you remove all suspicious files, follow each of these steps:
- Uninstall unknown freeware via Add/Remove Programs list. For that, use these instructions:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for HQTotalS, SafeSaver, SupTab, ValueApps, Lollipop, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, Plus-HD 1.3, BetterSurf, Trusted Web, LyricsBuddy-1, YHQTotalS 1.2, Media Player 1.1, Savings Bull, Feven Pro 1.1, Websteroids, Savings Bull, HD-Plus 3.5, Re-markit and other recently installed freeware.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find unknown extensions and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Show Advanced settings' -> 'Reset browser settings' and click 'Reset'.