What is HQube?
HQube is an application that should enhance your video viewing and streaming options when you are watching videos online. At least that is how this program is endorsed and what developers of this program are claiming. Sadly, this program can barely give anything useful in return. In fact, if you decide to install HQube, you may be completely disappointed. This program is labeled as an adware for a reason. That is because if you install it, you may see HQube ads everywhere you go. What is more, if you click these ads, there is no telling where you may end up. Many respectable and well-known security vendors are labeling similar ad-supported programs as potential threats. It means that it is highly recommended not to install and not to use HQube application.
How can HQube hijack my computer?
HQube redirects may bother you right after installing a doubtful freeware. You should stay away from such programs as YouTube Video Downloader, HD Video Codecs, Download Accelerator, etc. because you can easily install HQube virus as well. Besides, even such download websites as download.com and softonic.com may be involved in distributing this useless extension. Keeping that in mind, we can give you a couple of helpful tips. In order to protect your computer, you should avoid visiting unfamiliar and suspicious websites. What is more, you should avoid downloading files, programs, games, toolbars from unfamiliar websites. Always check whether your desired program is safe enough for you to install. Read its end-user license agreement (EULA) part and follow every step of the installation. If you skip a single step when installing doubtful programs, you may unintentionally add HQube virus and allow such program to change/modify your internet browser. If you have even the slightest suspicions that HQube adware may hide in your system, you should follow the removal instruction down below.
How to remove HQube virus from my computer?
Despite that this application may look reliable and legitimate, you should eliminate it from your system. It may only cause unwanted advertisements, track your online activities and even cause your computer to work more slowly. Follow this step-by-step guide and get rid of HQube adware.
- Scan your computer with a reliable anti-spyware program. We recommend using Reimage, Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareMalwarebytes Malwarebytes.
- Remove HQube from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as HQube, HQube-2, HQtube, HQtube2 or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Remove HQube extension from your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ → ‘Manage Add-ons’ → ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries, such as HQube and click 'uninstall'.
3. Once you remove it, change your start page.
Reset your Internet Explorer (Optional):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’ → ‘Extensions’.
2. Find suspicious-looking entries, such as HQube and click ‘Uninstall’.
3. After that, change the start page.
Reset your Mozilla Firefox (Optional):
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools → Extensions.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar extensions like HQube and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
3. Don't forget to change start page.