HypeNet is a potentially unwanted program, which can start showing its ads on your computer's desktop. Typically, these ads are filled with trustworthy-looking information about discounts, offers, coupons and similar things. However, in reality they are displayed for making people visit specific websites and earn the money from that. So, we can't guarantee that you will save something by clicking on HypeNet ads. If you noticed them when browsing on the Internet, it means that you were tricked into installing this adware or your computer and now it shows them for you. Technically, it is not a virus but if you want to get rid of its ads, you should remove HypeNet from the system.
How can HypeNet infiltrate my computer?
HypeNet is a program, which belongs to adware category. That's why it is typically installed in a bundle with other programs as their component. At the moment of writing, it spreads with a help of these programs: Youtube Downloader HD, DVDX Player 3.2, Fast Free Converter, Media Player 1.1 and other free applications. In order to avoid such programs, you have to monitor installation process of the freeware and uncheck check boxes that say that you agree to install HypeNet on the system. For that, we recommend choosing Custom or Advanced installation. If you noticed HypeNet ads within Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, you should waste no time and scan your computer with reputable anti-spyware. After that, follow these steps:
How to remove HypeNet?
If HypeNet adware is inside your computer, you may find difficulties with your browsing because this program displays continuous pop-up advertisements. In order to stop that, follow these instructions:
- Scan your computer with reliable anti-spyware and remove malicious entries. We recommend using Reimage or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus.
- Uninstall HypeNet via Add/Remove Programs:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
- When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for HypeNet and other recently installed free applications and uninstall them.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Remove HypeNet from your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions'.
- Here, look for HypeNet and other unknown extensions and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.