ICE Cyber Crime Center virus is a malicious program, which is categorized as ransomware. This threat is designed for stealing the money from unwanre PC users by convincing them that they have violated several lawsof USA and now have to pay the fine for that. Besides, this threat also uses so called 'pushing' technique because it blocks down the PC as soon as it gets inside it. It can easily disconnect its victim from the Internet and disable all legitimate programs that are kept on computer. Besides, it shows an alert that involves such details as PC's IP address, location and similar ones. Please, do NOT fall for ICE Cyber Crimes Center virus because it has nothing to do with any kind of governmental authority, especially with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). We highly recommend eliminating this ransomware from your computer as soon as possible.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH ICE Cyber Crime Center virus?
ICE Cyber Crime Center virus is spread by trojan horse, which can easily infiltrate poorly protected computers. If you want to avoid such threat, you should always stay away from illegal websites and programs that are activity offered on them. Besides, spam can also be involved to the distribution of this malicious program. As soon as it gets inside the system, ICE Cyber Crime Center virus blocks down the PC and shows a huge notification telling something like that:
The ICE Cyber Crimes Center
The Common Law in the will of Mankind Issuing from the Life of the People
YOUR COMPUTER HAS BEEN BLOCKED!T
he work of your computer has been suspended on the grounds of the violation of the law of the United States of America.
Possible violations are described below:
Article – 184. Pornography involving children (under 18 years)Imprisonment of the term of up to 10-15 years (The use or distribution of pornographic files)
In connection with the decision of the Government as of January 26, 2013, all of the violations described above could be considered criminal. If the fine has not been paid, you will become the subject of criminal prosecution. The fine is applicable only in the case of a primary violation. In the case of second violation you will appear before the Supreme Court of the USA.
Amount of the fine is $400. Payment must be made within 48 hours after the computer blocking. If the fine has not been paid, you will become the subject of criminal prosecution without the right to pay the fine. The Department of the Fight Against Cyberactivity will confiscate your computer (after 48 hours)
After reporting about various non-existing law violations, this ransomware asks to pay the fine of $400 via Ukash, MoneyPak or Paysafecard prepayment system. However, you should never do that if you don't want to lose your money! Clearly, ICE Cyber Crime Center virus is NOT authentic and it is used by cyber criminals for the only thing -steal the money. Please, ignore its bogus notification and remove ICE Cyber Crime Center virus from the system ASAP.
HOW TO REMOVE ICE Cyber Crime Center virus?
When trying to remove ICE Cyber Crime Center virus, you should firstly remove the block from your computer. Check whether you can you reboot your machine to safe mode with networking or safe mode with command prompt and follow these steps:
1. Take another machine and use it to download Reimage, Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareMalwarebytes Malwarebytes or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with ICE Cyber Crime Center virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with ransomware viruses are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual ICE Cyber Crime Center virus removal:
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable Ukash virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Reimage to remove remaining virus files. You can also use Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareMalwarebytes Malwarebytes.