Info Trigger is not a virus or malware. However, is one of these programs that can hardly be kept on the system. That's because it displays continuous pop-up ads, banner ads and similar notifications that interrupt into people's browsing and seek to make them visit specific websites or install specific programs. Info Trigger can infiltrate computers unnoticed and this is one of the most worrying things about this program. In order to avoid this adware, you should be very careful when downloading Youtube Downloader HD, Fast Free Converter, Video Media Player 1.1 and similar freeware from the Internet. If you downloaded this program on your computer, soon you will notice unstoppable banner ads, notifications and warnings that are filled with sponsored links and similar content.
How can Info Trigger infiltrate my computer?
Info Trigger is promoted in a bundle with freeware and shareware. Those who want to avoid such downloads should remember that in most of the cases they are spread in a form of 'optional downloads' or 'free additions'. However, you can prevent their infiltration by choosing a Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware and unchecking these check boxes that say that you agree to install Info Trigger and similar adware on the system. If it gets inside, it drops its own extension on Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and other web browsers. After that, it starts showing its ads that mostly contain information about coupons, discounts and similar content.
How to remove Info Trigger?
If you noticed Info Trigger ads on your computer, it means that it's inside your machine. However, you can easily remove this adware from the system with a help of this guide:
- Scan your computer with updated anti-spyware and make sure that it's free of malicious files. For that we recommend using Reimage, Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner or other reputable security software.
- Remove Info Trigger through Add/Remove Programs:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Info Trigger or similar recently installed programs and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Additionally, remove Info Trigger add-on from your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer) and change the start page:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
- Here, look for Info Trigger and similar entries, and click 'uninstall'.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’.
- Find Info Trigger and similar entries, and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools -> Extensions.
- Here, look for Info Trigger extension and get rid of it by clicking on the Recycle Bin.