“Java Software Critical Update” virus is an adware-type application that may initiate serious havoc on your computer. No matter how trustworthy-looking ads it displays, all what it seeks is to make you install questionable programs on the system. By reporting about outdated Java, “Java Software Critical Update” pop-up alert seeks to trick people into clicking on “Download” or “Click to install now” buttons and installing programs that belong to 'adware', 'browser hijacker' and similar categories. If you think that your Java is outdated, go to its official website and download this update. Please, stay away from “Java Software Critical Update” popup because it has nothing to do with this application.
How can “Java Software Critical Update” virus infiltrate my computer?
Similarly to “Outdated Java Plugin Detected” virus, “Java Software Critical Update” virus is closely related to various questionable programs that are typically labeled as adwares. They are spread in a bundle of various free applications, so if you keep downloading such programs on your computer, you should be prepared for the infiltration of this virus. Once “Java Software Critical Update” hijacks the system, it initiates various system modifications on all web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. After that, it starts displaying such ads:
WARNING: Your Current Java Is Outdated!
A critical security update has been released and you are required to update your Java
It is recommended that you update Java to the latest version to view this page.
Please update to continue.
How to remove “Java Software Critical Update” virus?
Please, stay away from “Java Software Critical Update” alert because it seeks to make you install questionable programs on your computer. It may also redirect you to unsafe websites and initiate other unwanted activities. For eliminating this virus from your computer, you should follow this detailed guide:
- Scan your computer with Reimage or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus and remove dangerous files.
- Uninstall potentially unwanted programs from your computer:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for LyricsSay-1, LyricXeeker, Plus-HD 1.3, BetterSurf, LyricsGet, DownloadTerms 1.0, LyricsBuddy-1, AlLyrics, ElectroLyrics-1, a2zLyrics-1, Feven 1.7 and other unknown entries.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Settings -> Show Advanced Settings.
- Here, look for 'Reset browser settings' button.
- Click 'Reset' to complete this task.