What is Jdt.drivetool.net pop-up ads?
Jdt.drivetool.net pop-up ads are misleading and untrustworthy, so if you started seeing them when browsing the web you should ignore them. In most of the cases they display notifications about outdated Java, Flash Player and other programs. However, as soon as you click on 'Download', 'Update' or other button, you download Delta Search, WebCake or other questionable program. Remember that the easiest and the most reliable way to update your programs is to visit their official website. In order to keep your computer free of viruses, you should also ignore Jdt.drivetool.net pop-up ads and Jdt.drivetool.net redrects to questionable websites. If you have already been tricked into downloading fake update, you should follow a guide given below.
How can Jdt.drivetool.net hijack my computer?
Jdt.drivetool.net virus can easily initiate annoying pop-up ads as soon as it enters computer. In most of the cases it does that without a clear sign. This is possible because this adware-type application is actively promoted bundled with freeware and shareware. That's why you should be very careful when downloading free programs from unknown developers.. Please, read everything what is given about the program that you need, choose Custom or Advanced installation and then closely follow every installation step. As soon as you see a check mark that allows installation of various download managers, PDF creators and similar adwares, uncheck it! You can fix your computer and get rid of such programs with a help of these steps:
How to remove Jdt.drivetool.net pop-up ads?
If you noticed Jdt.drivetool.net redirects, pop-up ads and other annoying things when using computer, it might be that your PC was affected by adware-type application. No matter that such programs can't pose harm to your computer, they should be removed. For that you can use these steps:
- Scan your computer with a reliable anti-spyware program. We recommend using Reimage, Malwarebytes or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareNorton Internet Security.
- Remove the freeware, which is related to Jdt.drivetool.net:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Video-media-player-Air, Cinema-Plus-1.2, Sm8mS, Discount Cow, V-bates, PriceMeter, Supra Savings, Network System Driver, FreeSoftToday, Browser Appe_1.2, Re-Markable, Zombie Alert, Wajam, Coupon Server, Lollipop, HD-Total-Plus, BlockAndSurf, Safe Saver, SupTab, WebenexpV1, Lollipop, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, Plus-HD 1.3, BetterSurf, MediaPlayerV1, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, PureLeads, Media Player 1.1, RRSavings, Fraveen, Websteroids, Savings Bull, TidyNetwork, Search Snacks, MediaBuzzV11, Re-markit or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Remove the extension that is related to Jdt.drivetool.net from your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ → ‘Manage Add-ons’ → ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries and click 'uninstall'.
3. Once you remove it, change your start page.
Reset your Internet Explorer (Optional):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’ → ‘Extensions’.
2. Find suspicious-looking entries and click ‘Uninstall’.
3. After that, change the start page.
Reset your Mozilla Firefox (Optional):
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools → Extensions.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar extensions and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
3. Don't forget to change start page.