What is JokeFanatic Toolbar?
JokeFanatic is a potentially unwanted program that offers to provide its users with various jokes, pranks, watch funny videos, access humor sites and do other fun-related things. Unfortunately, once inside, this application may start bothering you and you may soon regret installing it. Security experts have already agreed upon labeling this suspicious program as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) because it may show up on your Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or any other web browser out of nowhere.
If it has already slithered onto your computer, you must have noticed that your default search engine, homepage and a new tab have been changed to ask.com and you are not allowed to change it back. If you are in this situation right now, you should keep in mind that this search site is not reliable and may deliver altered search results. It is very likely that JokeFanatic search results will show you sponsored links and various advertisements. Beware that such activity not only disrupts your searches, but may also force you to visit unsafe websites. That’s because developers of this dubious browser plug-in seek to generate pay-per-click revenue, increase sales, and page rank of various sponsored links by driving visitors’ traffic.
Since you are not informed in any way what third party websites are promoted using JokeFanatic app, you should be very careful with its redirects. By the way, it may seek to collect information related to your browsing habits, so if you don’t want to run into privacy-related issues, you should run a full system scan with a reputable anti-spyware, such as Reimage, and eliminate this PUP before it causes serious issues.
How can JokeFanatic Toolbar affect my computer?
JokeFanatic may seem as a reliable application from the first glimpse. Unfortunately, it’s a program, which, in most of the cases, may modify each of your web browser, initiate redirects and collect information about you without your permission asked. It manages to get inside user’s computer with the help of various freewares and sharewares. Therefore, if you do not want to experience JokeFanatic redirects to unsafe third party websites, make sure that you carefully select and install freewares.
Recently, the developer of this program contacted us asking us to remove this post from 2-spyware.com website. We believe that we shouldn’t do that as long as programs that we offer for the removal of JokeFanatic Toolbar can detect it and help users to remove it from the system. As it is mentioned under each of download buttons, we ARE affiliated with these anti-malware programs, and while some of them are free, others can remove a virus only after purchasing them. These mentions fully fulfill each of the requirements of FTC.
Nevertheless, we have recently decided to make a revision of this and other posts that are related to this developer. We claim that all of them are described properly.
How can I remove JokeFanatic Toolbar?
In order to prevent JokeFanatic redirects to unsafe websites you should follow the guidelines that are given below. We recommend relying on the automatic removal to ensure successful JokeFanatic removal since such and similar PUP may reappear on your web browser after manual removal quite easily.
- Uninstall programs that are related to JokeFanatic Toolbar from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for JokeFanatic Toolbar and other programs that are unknown to you.
3. Click ‘Uninstall’ and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your web browser:
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select ‘Tools’ -> ‘Extensions’.
2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (JokeFanatic Toolbar, MyWay, MyWebSearch, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose ‘Settings’ -> ‘On startup’ section -> ‘set pages’.
4. Here, eliminate myway.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> ‘Settings’ -> ‘Search’ section.
6. Here, click ‘Manage Search Engines…’ and add your preferred domain name.