KeyPlayr virus is a potentially unwanted program that was created by the company that presents itself as KeyDownload. It seems that this company has been actively relying on other programs (third-party software) for spreading their program around and then using KeyPlayr for displaying its ads. If you noticed annoying advertisements, banner ads, in-text links, video ads and similar things when browsing online, it could be that your computer is already affected by this poorly-rated application. Please, do NOT waste your time and remove KeyPlayr from the system before it starts its redirects to questionable websites and initiates similar unwanted activities. By the way, this program has ability to hijack all web browsers at once. That means that you should always make sure that you change your Internet Exlorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and other browsers' settings back to normal when trying to remove KeyPlayr for good.
How can KeyPlayr hijack my computer?
This program can be downloaded from the Internet just like any other application. However, in most of the cases KeyPlayr hijacks systems secretly and without an appropriate permission asked. For that it relies on third party programs that agree to promote such 'additional downloads' for monetization. If you think that there is no way to avoid those attachments, you should think again. In reality, you can easily avoid them by spending more time on the installation of the freeware. When tying to avoid KeyPlayr, remember to read end-user license, then follow each of installation steps by choosing Custom or Advanced installation. If you find the check mark that says that you agree with its installation, there is no doubt that you should uncheck it.
How to remove KeyPlayr virus?
KeyPlayr has nothing to do with viruses. However, it can be used for making people install questionable programs on their computers or redirect them to unknown websites. That's why we highly recommend you to remove this potentially unwanted program. For that you need to follow these simple steps:
- Remove the freeware, which is related to GlkSoft.com:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as KeyPlayr or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Remove extension that is related to KeyPlayr from your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ → ‘Manage Add-ons’ → ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries and click 'uninstall'.
3. Once you remove them, change your start page.
Reset your Internet Explorer (Optional):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’ → ‘Extensions’.
2. Find suspicious-looking entries and click ‘Uninstall’.
3. After that, change the start page.
Reset your Mozilla Firefox (Optional):
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools → Extensions.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar extensions and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
3. Don't forget to change start page.