Korps Landelijke Politiediensten virus is a “drive-by” ransomware, which blocks the entire system down and shows its fake message in order to steal the money from its victim. The warning, which belongs to this Dutch virus, claims, that the user has violated some laws and then requires paying a fine in order to avoid a bigger penalty. In reality, Politie Korps Landelijke Politiediensten virus belongs to a huge group of scams, which is called Ukash. This group consists of various threats that all act like local governmental organizations and ask to pay the fine in order to have their computers unlocked. The saddest thing is that in most of the cases this virus reaches its goal – many users have paid the so-called fine and gave their money for Internet criminals. Be sure that you ignore Politie Korps Landelijke Politiediensten virus and never pay fine, which is asked on its alert.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH Korps Landelijke Politiediensten virus?
Just like previous Politie viruses, this scam is spread by Trojans. You can also accidentally download one when you download freeware, shareware, visit spammy websites or simply open spam emails and their attachments. As soon as user gets infected, virus locks the entire system and displays a warning, which includes Politie logos and other information, which has nothing to do with the Dutch Police. After reporting about various 'crimes', this scam additionally asks to use Ukash or other prepayment system and pay the fine of 100 euros through it. If you see Korps Landelijke Politiediensten virus on your desktop, you must ignore its message and never pay the fine. Even if you have lots of money and think that paying will remove the lock from your computer, you should think again. Security experts claim that this hasn't been helpful with any version of this threat. In order to recover the connection to Internet connection and your files, you have to remove Korps Landelijke Politiediensten virus from your computer.
HOW CAN I REMOVE Korps Landelijke Politiediensten virus?
When trying to remove Politie Korps Landelijke Politiediensten virus, you won't be capapble to download anti-malware program and remove infected files from the system at first. Use these options to remove the block:
* Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download Malwarebytes, Reimage or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with Ukash virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with Ukash viruses are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual Ukash virus removal (special skills needed!):
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable Ukash virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Malwarebytes, Reimage to remove remaining virus files.