What is Laban.vn?
Laban.vn is a Vietnamese search site, which can surprisingly appear instead of your homepage and/or default search engine. It has ability to modify Internet Explorer web browser but there is no guarantee that it won't hijack your Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or other browser. As soon as it enters system, it then initiates annoying activities, such as redirects to unknown websites, pop-up ads and browser's slow downs. This and many other facts have already encouraged several security experts to make a serious decision and include Laban.vn to 'browser hijacker' category. If you also noticed Laban.vn redirects, suspicious pop-up ads and other questionable activities, you should be very careful. The most important thing that you have to remember is that you have to scan your PC with reputable anti-spyware. It will help you to detect and remove all suspicious programs from the system. Their elimination will help you to fix your PC and get rid of Laban.vn.
How can Laban.vn hijack my computer?
Laban.vn virus is spread just like a typical search engine that seeks to increase its popularity. In order to prevent its infiltration, you have to remember that you can easily agree with its installation without knowing about that. In order to avoid Laban.vn or other unfamiliar search engine, you have to remember that there are lots of different programs that promote it. If you don't pay an appropriate amount of your attention to their installation, you can be tricked into downloading Laban.vn on your computer. That's why you should always choose Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware and then follow its every installation step. When doing that, you will see all information about 'optional downloads', such as Laban.vn. If you find the sentence that says 'Make Laban.vn my homepage', 'Make Laban.vn my startpage', etc., you should definitely uncheck it.
How to remove Laban.vn?
Continuous reappearance of Laban.vn is a suspicious search site, which is spread using questionable techniques. We don't recommend using it for searching the web because it can easily redirect you to unfamiliar and unsafe sites or trick you into downloading questionable software on your computer. For eliminating Laban.vn, you should waste no time follow these steps:
- Remove recently installed freeware, including Laban 1.0:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Laban 1.0 and similar entries.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes
- Reset your browser(s):
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Change your homepage.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Finally, change your homepage.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Settings -> Show Advanced Settings.
- Here, look for 'Reset browser settings' button.
- Click 'Reset' to complete this task.