Local Scavenger toolbar – what kind of program is it?
The MS Products may integrate, be integrated into, bundled, or be provided in connection with third-party services, feeds, and/or content. […] MS Products may provide access to search results or other links to Third Party Partner websites or resources. MS has no control over such sites and resources, in which you acknowledge and agree that MS is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse nor responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources.
Now, look at this statement:
MS Products are exposed to various security issues, and should be regarded as unsecure.
Such claims are more than suspicious. It seems that this program might provide third-party links for you; according to our experience, we can say that third-party websites sometimes can be unsafe. Of course, we are not saying that this program promotes infectious websites. However, it is your decision whether you want to keep this program and use the search engine it provides. If you want to find out how to remove it, read the instructions on page 2.
How can I install Local Scavenger?
Local Scavenger toolbar can be downloaded from its official website. However, sometimes this program might be suggested to install when you download other programs from the same developer. We would like to share instructions how to avoid installing unwanted programs that might be promoted via other freeware:
- Be attentive when you launch the software installer. Follow each installation step carefully.
- Set ‘Advanced’ or ‘Custom’ installation settings – then you will see the suggestions to install optional programs. If you do not want to install these programs, simply remove the tick sign from the agreements to install them.
Recently, the developer of this program contacted us asking us to remove this post from 2-spyware.com website. We believe that we shouldn’t do that as long as programs that we offer for the removal of Local Scavenger Toolbar can detect it and help users to remove it from the system. As it is mentioned under each of download buttons, we ARE affiliated with these anti-malware programs, and while some of them are free, others can remove a virus only after purchasing them. These mentions fully fulfill each of the requirements of FTC.
Nevertheless, we have recently decided to make a revision of this and other posts that are related to this developer. We claim that all of them are described properly.
How to remove this toolbar?
You can remove Local Scavenger software by following these steps:
- Uninstall programs that are related to Local Scavenger from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for Local Scavenger Toolbar and other programs that are unknown to you.
3. Click ‘Uninstall’ and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your web browser:
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select ‘Tools’ -> ‘Extensions’.
2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (Local Scavenger, MyWay, MyWebSearch, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose ‘Settings’ -> ‘On startup’ section -> ‘set pages’.
4. Here, eliminate myway.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> ‘Settings’ -> ‘Search’ section.
6. Here, click ‘Manage Search Engines…’ and add your preferred domain name.