Lp.koyotesoft.com is yet another advertising platform that sometimes may be misused by online advertisers and various spammers. In fact, it looks like this platform may be closely related to a very questionable download website koyotesoft.com. This website offers numerous free applications, such as Free Audio Ripper, Free Video Converter, Free CD Burner, etc. As you can imagine, if you download such freewares, there is a high possibility that you may be flooded with Lp.koyotesoft.com ads and experience strange redirects to sponsored websites. These annoying ads may try to trick you and make you install some sort of a freeware from koyotesoft website. In other words, this advertising platform may be involved in these freewares distribution. In order to monetize from free applications, developers are often cooperating with advertisers. So, don't be surprised if you see Lp.koyotesoft.com ads right after installing a freeware from koyotesoft.com website.
How can Lp.koyotesoft.com hijack my computer?
As we have mentioned above, Lp.koyotesoft.com virus usually travels with various freewares. That is why you should avoid downloading unfamiliar programs from doubtful websites. Furthermore, if you visit koyotesoft.com website and read its end-user license agreement (EULA) section, you may notice that majority of freewares that are distributed via this website are supported by advertising. Lp.koyotesoft.com ads may even use very unethical marketing technique and display fake pop-ups in order to make you click them. These ads may appear as fake updates (Your Java is outdated, update Java for free), various propositions to participate in online surveys (Complete a survey and win an iPad), or messages with a proposition to win a prize (You've been chosen to win a new iPhone). It is difficult to tell what may happen if you click such dubious ads. You may expose your private information, get redirected to an unsafe website, or even download a malicious application.
How to remove Lp.koyotesoft.com pop-up virus?
If Lp.koyotesoft.com ads are bothering you, you should take actions right away. Check your computer and try to find unfamiliar freewares, which you have recently downloaded. Look for such programs as Audio Converter, YouTube Downloader, HD Video Converter, etc. Remove these freewares and scan your computer with legitimate anti-spyware program. Follow these simple steps and get rid of Lp.koyotesoft.com virus.
- Remove the freeware, which is related to Lp.koyotesoft.com:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as HD Video Converter, Audio Ripper, Free FLV Converter, SaverAddon, SupTab, Shopping-Addon, ValueApps, Lollipop, PriceMeter, Supra Savings, weDownload Manager, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, BetterSurf, PureLead, Search Assist, Re-Markable, Lollipop, HD-Total-Plus, Safe Saver, Trusted Web, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, PureLeads, Media Player 1.1, RRSavings or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.