Luxembourg Police Grand-Ducale virus is a ransomware, which is really similar to Police Grand-Ducale Luxembourg virus. In fact, these two threats differ only by their name because they both identically attack PC users of Luxembourg or other french-speaking countries and seek the same – to swindle their money. To be more precise, Luxembourg Police Grand-Ducale virus seeks to convince its victims that they have violated their country's laws: they've been caught while viewing adult content, distributing malware or spam and initiating other illegal activities. Please, don't fall for this trickery because it's just a fake alert that belongs to scammers, not for the Police of your country. Instead of paying the money for scammers and expecting that this will unblock the PC, remove Luxembourg Police Grand-Ducale virus from the system
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH Luxembourg Police Grand-Ducale virus?
Luxembourg Police Grand-Ducale virus attacks computer users via trojan horse. This virus can be downloaded in a bundle with freeware and shareware, spam and as the 'update' for your software. As soon as it gets inside the PC, it starts working according to the same scheme as other trojans – it downloads malicious ransomware's files and also blocks the system. As a result, Luxembourg Police Grand-Ducale virus shows up in a form of fake alert, which attempts to deceive unsuspecting computer users that they have a serious problem with their local police. It claims:
Votre ordinateur est bloqué à cause d’un ou de plusieurs motifs, indiqués ci-dessous.
La diffusion du spam ou une autre operação publicitaire illégale em mas lucratif a été effectué de votre microcomputador, ou à votre insu, votre microcomputador est probablement infecté par le logiciel nuisible.
Vous ne pouvez payer l’amende que pendant 72 heures après la violation. À l’expiration de 72 heures la possibilité de payer l’amende est annulée, une affaire pénale contre vous sera pendant prochaines 72 heures automatiquement ouverte! La somme de l’amende fait 100€.
Please, stay away from this bogus warning and remove Luxembourg Police Grand-Ducale virus from your computer. Be prepared that you will have to unblock your PC before launching your anti-spyware.
HOW TO REMOVE Luxembourg Police Grand-Ducale virus?
When infected with Luxembourg Police Grand-Ducale virus and need to remove it, you won't be capable to launch your anti-spyware because it blocks the system. In order to remove the lock, follow these options:
* Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download SpyHunterCombo Cleaner, Reimage or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with Luxembourg Police Grand-Ducale virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with Ukash viruses are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual Luxembourg Police Grand-Ducale virus removal:
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable Ukash virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Reimage to remove remaining virus files.