Media Player Enhance is a potentially unwanted program or adware, which can be recognized from its continuous notifications saying 'Ads by Media Player Enhance'. If you noticed such virus on your computer, you should check it with reliable anti-spyware and remove insecure files from the system. That's because it can be easily installed on the system behind user's back with a help of 'bundling' method. Of course, this program can't harm computer as malware, so it is also available at various download websites as well. Here, it is promoted as a program, which can enhance people's experience while watching YouTube and other videos. However, it seems that it is better at hijacking browsers, displaying continuous pop-up notifications, showing banner ads, in-text links and similar content.
How can Media Player Enhance infiltrate my computer?
Media Player Enhance is spread with a help of freeware and shareware as a free addition. In order to avoid such downloads, you should forget about careful-free installation of the freeware. Remember, you should always choose a Custom or Advanced installation process and also deselect these check boxes that claim that you agree to install Media Player Enhance on your computer. The clearest sign of its infiltration is continuous ads within Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and other browsers. No matter that it should never be called 'virus', we don't recommend keeping it on the system because they can be used for redirecting people to predetermined websites, tacking people's browsing and similar activities.
How to remove Media Player Enhance?
If you see that Media Player Enhance virus has infiltrated your computer, you should check it with one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Malwarebytes. This will help you to make sure that your PC is free of malicious entries and adware. As soon as you finish it, follow this guide:
- Uninstall unknown freeware via Add/Remove Programs list. For that, use these instructions:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Media Player Enhance, SafeSaver, DP1815, Video Player, Plus-HD 1.3, BetterSurf, LyricsGet, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, AlLyrics, Media Player 1.1, Savings Bull, Feven 1.8, Websteroids, ScorpionSaver, HD-Plus 3.5 and other unknown entries.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes.
- Finally, reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions'.
- Here, look for unknown extensions and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.