Media Watch 1.1 is an adware-type program that is also classified as a potentially unwanted program (PUP). If you are experiencing annoying pop-ups or other kinds of visual advertisements that say “Ads by Media Watch”, “Powered by Media Watch”, “Brought by Media Watch” and etc.), there are some chances that this ad-supported extension hijacked your system. No matter that it looks harmless, Media Watch 1.1 hijacks all web browsers and displays all sorts of irritating banners, pop-ups and similar notifications entirely for advertising purposes. In addition, this and similar kinds of adwares may be set to collect and record information about people's browsing habits, such as visited websites, searches conducted, etc. As you can see, Media Watch 1.1 can hardly have benefits for its users, so we recommend avoiding its ads. However, its advertisements can be forgotten only when you remove this extension from your browsing system.
How can Media Watch 1.1 pop-up ads appear on my PC?
Media Watch 1.1 extension may infiltrate into your computer with the help of questionable freewares and sharewares. Installing free programs without paying an appropriate amount of attention is the main reason why users' computers are affected by these dubious ad-supported extensions. This distribution method is called “bundling”. That's why our security experts are always recommending to be more attentive when installing questionable free programs. By selecting “advanced” installation method you will have a better understanding what sort of program you are installing and what comes attached to it. Follow each installation step, unmark all unfamiliar accessories you don't want to install. By following these tips you will have a better chance to protect your system from these invaders. If you think that Media Watch 1.1 hijacked your system, guidelines submitted bellow will help you to remove it:
How to remove Media Watch 1.1 extension?
Technically, Media Watch 1.1 is not a virus and it can't pose a harm for your computer. However, it infiltrates systems without a clear permission asked and then initiates various changes in system settings. In order to prevent Media Watch 1.1 redirects and similar issues, you should follow these instructions:
- Uninstall unknown freeware via Add/Remove Programs list. For that, use these instructions:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Media Watch 1.1, LyricsViewer, LyricXeeker, Plus-HD 1.3, LyricsGet, BetterSurf, Downloadkepper, SurfEnchance, Feven 1.7, LyricsWoofer, LyricsFan, SimpleLyrics and other recently installed freeware.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes.
- Finally, reset your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find unknown extensions and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Show Advanced settings' -> 'Reset browser settings' and click 'Reset'.