Monkeytize is a very questionable application that we highly recommend not to install. Although this program is promoted as a useful tool, we have out doubts about it. This plug-in should help you to view highest quality YouTube videos without any delay. However, we can not guarantee that Monkeytize will deliver what it promises. This program is known to invoke tracking cookies and record your online presence with the intention to use this information for targeted advertising and other unknown reasons. Some security experts argue that tracking cookies may violate user's privacy and cause privacy-related issues. In other words, if you want to enjoy the free services that this program offers, you may have to endure tons of annoying advertisements and experience Monkeytize redirects.
How can Monkeytize hijack my computer?
It looks like that this doubtful application is usually distributed via freewares and sharewares. That is how Monkeytize virus is traveling. That is why we strongly recommend not to download unfamiliar freewares from doubtful sources. We can give you a couple of recommendations on how to install doubtful freewares. The first thing that you should do is try to check every single program that you are willing to install. Make sure that your desired program is trustworthy and has no unwanted attachments, such as Monkeytize virus. Secondly, attentively track every single step of the installation process. For that, select advanced or custom installation method. Thirdly, try to find hidden attachments that the program you are installing has. Unmark such unwanted attachments if there is any and continue with the installation. You should also use a reliable anti-spyware program that protects your computer from similar unwanted intruders.
How to remove Monkeytize from my computer?
As we have mentioned above, this program may travel bundled with various freewares, therefore, you should be very careful. If Monkeytize ads are constantly bothering you, you should check your recently installed programs and remove the odd ones. These simple instructions will help you to remove this useless program:
- Scan your computer with reliable anti-spyware program. For that we recommend using Reimage, Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareMalwarebytes Malwarebytes.
- Uninstall Monkeytize from you computer:
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Monkeytize, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, Plus-HD 1.3, BetterSurf, PureLead, Search Assist, Re-Markable, Lollipop, HD-Total-Plus, UTUobEAdaBlock, Safe Saver, SupTab, ValueApps, PriceMeter, Supra Savings, weDownload Manager, Lollipop, Trusted Web, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, PureLeads, Media Player 1.1, RRSavings or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.