What is MyDealBox?
It’s not surprising that people commonly consider such apps as MyDealBox to be genuine and useful because they are promoted in a very appealing manner. Speaking specifically about the aforementioned program, it spreads via freeware bundles that are available at such third-party websites as download.com, soft32.com, cnet.com, softonic.com, and so on. You should avoid installing programs that do not spread as individual tools because ‘additional components’ usually appear to be adwares, browser hijackers or other unwanted programs. In addition to that, MyDealBox is promoted as a browser plug-in compatible with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer, which is supposedly capable of surfing the net and selecting various offers, deals, discounts, and price comparison deals that are relevant to your browsing and search history.
As soon as this adware is installed, you might think that MyDealBox ads are reliable because pop-ups, pop-unders, banners and other forms of ads that it delivers usually contains commercial offers that are adjusted according to your search terms, websites visited, clicks and similar information. The first thing to which you should draw your attention is related to data collection. It seems that in order to prepare appealing advertisements, this adware may use tracking cookies and accumulate personally non-identifiable information about your browsing habits (e.g. search terms, clicks, websites visited, data entered in them, IP address, PC’s location, email address, etc.). Isn’t that fair? Collecting information stored on users computers without asking for their permission is undoubtedly NOT fair. Besides, speaking about ‘Ads by MyDealBox’, don’t forget that they are created and monitored by third parties who may not only seek to redirect people to affiliate websites, but may even have an intention to spread other suspicious programs, such as PastaQuotes, LolliScan, SaferSurf, and many others. Therefore, in order to prevent MyDealBox redirect, remove this tool from the system without any delay. We are pretty sure that you are capable of finding much better deals that this dubious adware. For its removal, out recommended programs are: Reimage(Windows OS) or Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus (Mac OS X).
How can MyDealBox hijack my computer?
How to remove MyDealBox virus?
If you want to get rid of MyDealBox ads, we recommend you to check your computer with a reputable anti-spyware. In addition, you may also remove it manually. In this case, make sure that you check for other PUPs on Add/Remove Programs List as well.
You can remove MyDealBox automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual MyDealBox ads Removal Guide:
Remove MyDealBox from Windows systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
Uninstall MyDealBox and related programs
Here, look for MyDealBox or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove MyDealBox from Mac OS X system
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for MyDealBox or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Remove MyDealBox from Internet Explorer (IE)
Remove dangerous add-ons
Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for MyDealBox and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
Reset Internet Explorer
Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete MyDealBox removal.
Remove MyDealBox ads from Microsoft Edge
Reset Microsoft Edge settings (Method 1):
- Launch Microsoft Edge app and click More (three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Click Settings to open more options.
- Once Settings window shows up, click Choose what to clear button under Clear browsing data option.
- Here, select all what you want to remove and click Clear.
- Now you should right-click on the Start button (Windows logo). Here, select Task Manager.
- When in Processes tab, search for Microsoft Edge.
- Right-click on it and choose Go to details option. If can’t see Go to details option, click More details and repeat previous steps.
- When Details tab shows up, find every entry with Microsoft Edge name in it. Right click on each of them and select End Task to end these entries.
Resetting Microsoft Edge browser (Method 2):
If Method 1 failed to help you, you need to use an advanced Edge reset method.
- Note: you need to backup your data before using this method.
- Find this folder on your computer:
- Select every entry which is saved on it and right click with your mouse. Then Delete option.
- Click the Start button (Windows logo) and type in window power in Search my stuff line.
- Right-click the Windows PowerShell entry and choose Run as administrator.
- Once Administrator: Windows PowerShell window shows up, paste this command line after PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> and press Enter:
Once these steps are finished, MyDealBox should be removed from your Microsoft Edge browser.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerMicrosoft EdgeFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove MyDealBox from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select MyDealBox and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete MyDealBox removal.
Remove MyDealBox from Google Chrome
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select MyDealBox and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete MyDealBox removal.
Remove MyDealBox from Safari
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for MyDealBox or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete MyDealBox removal process.