Information about MyNewsGuide Toolbar:
MS Products may provide access to search results or other links to Third Party Partner websites or resources. MS has no control over such sites and resources […]
Keep in mind that sometimes third-party websites and the content on them can be unsafe. Of course, not all third-party pages are untrustworthy; however, security experts advise to avoid surfing on such sites. Moreover, even the developer of MyNewsGuide Toolbar warns about possible risks:
You hereby acknowledge and agree that by using an MS Product you may be exposed to Content that may be offensive, indecent or objectionable in your community […]
MS Products are exposed to various security issues, and should be regarded as unsecure. By accepting this Agreement, you acknowledge and accept that the MS Products and any information you download or offer to share by means of an MS Product, may be exposed to unauthorized access, interception, corruption, damage or misuse, and should be regarded as insecure. You accept all responsibility for such security risks and any damage resulting therefrom.
In our opinion, the description of this program does not sound reliably. You have to decide whether you want to keep using it; if you don’t, you can use MyNewsGuide removal guide that is provided on page 2.
How can MyNewsGuide enter my computer?
The MS Products may integrate, be integrated into, bundled, or be provided in connection with third-party services, feeds and/or content. […]
To prevent installing optional apps when you install free programs from the Internet, you should always mind several things:
- Avoid Quick or Basic installation mode;
- Opt for Advanced or Custom installation settings;
- Carefully monitor the entire process and opt out of ‘additional components’ if there are any.
Recently, the developer of this program contacted us asking us to remove this post from 2-spyware.com website. We believe that we shouldn’t do that as long as programs that we offer for the removal of MyNewsGuide Toolbar can detect it and help users to remove it from the system. As it is mentioned under each of download buttons, we ARE affiliated with these anti-malware programs, and while some of them are free, others can remove a virus only after purchasing them. These mentions fully fulfill each of the requirements of FTC.
Nevertheless, we have recently decided to make a revision of this and other posts that are related to this developer. We claim that all of them are described properly.
How to remove this toolbar?
You can uninstall this program manually. We have prepared MyNewsGuide removal guide for you:
- Uninstall programs that are related to MyNewsGuide from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for MyNewsGuide Toolbar and other programs that are unknown to you.
3. Click ‘Uninstall’ and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your web browser:
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select ‘Tools’ -> ‘Extensions’.
2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (MyNewsGuide Toolbar, MyWay, MyWebSearch, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose ‘Settings’ -> ‘On startup’ section -> ‘set pages’.
4. Here, eliminate myway.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> ‘Settings’ -> ‘Search’ section.
6. Here, click ‘Manage Search Engines…’ and add your preferred domain name.