MySocialShortcut Toolbar description:
1. It looks like that this program collects information about you and your browsing habits:
We may collect information from you that may identify you, such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number and anonymous Information, such as the number of your page views, link clicks, and login times.
2. It seems that this program aims to find out what are your interests:
We may use information that we collect about you to […] Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
3. Now, it seems that this program might promote third-party companies or their websites. These statements explain that:
These statements speak for themselves. Especially this line:
MS Products are exposed to various security issues, and should be regarded as unsecure.
Sounds very suspiciously. It is your choice whether you want to keep this program or not. If you are looking for instructions how to remove it, we have provided a manual MySocialShortcut Toolbar removal guide on page 2.
How can I install this program on my computer?
MySocialShortcut Toolbar can be downloaded from the developer’s official website. However, it MIGHT be that some other programs might advise you to install it as a ‘recommended program’ during the installation process. Sadly, some computer users fail to monitor the installation setup properly, and later they get surprised when they see unknown programs on their computers. To get to know what programs are offered for you, you need to set Advanced or Custom installation mode whenever you install any software. These options provide the list of software recommendations. Security experts recommend to install only the programs that are well-known and safe, so if you are unsure whether the program is trustworthy or not, you should not install it. So deselect the agreements to install any suspicious programs, and finish the installation process.
Recently, the developer of this program contacted us asking us to remove this post from 2-spyware.com website. We believe that we shouldn’t do that as long as programs that we offer for the removal of MySocialShortcut Toolbar can detect it and help users to remove it from the system. As it is mentioned under each of download buttons, we ARE affiliated with these anti-malware programs, and while some of them are free, others can remove a virus only after purchasing them. These mentions fully fulfill each of the requirements of FTC.
Nevertheless, we have recently decided to make a revision of this and other posts that are related to this developer. We claim that all of them are described properly.
How to safely remove this program from the computer?
To remove this toolbar, follow the step-by-step removal guide below:
- Uninstall programs that are related to MySocialShortcut from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for MySocialShortcut Toolbar and other programs that are unknown to you.
3. Click ‘Uninstall’ and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your web browser:
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select ‘Tools’ -> ‘Extensions’.
2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (MySocialShortcut Toolbar, MyWay, MyWebSearch, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose ‘Settings’ -> ‘On startup’ section -> ‘set pages’.
4. Here, eliminate myway.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> ‘Settings’ -> ‘Search’ section.
6. Here, click ‘Manage Search Engines…’ and add your preferred domain name.