NetTock is yet another application that promises to enhance your browser, provide you with relevant advertisements, and help you to save time and money while buying items online. Although that sounds like a great deal, this program is a complete waste of time. Advertisers are commonly using such adwares in order to drive traffic to sponsored websites and to make more money. Internet is crawling with similar ad-supported programs that are promoted exactly the same as NetTock. Not to mention that some security vendors are labeling NetTock and similar adwares as potential threats or even malwares. That is because this useless program is capable of tracking your online activities behind your back and use this information for various commercial reasons.
How can NetTock hijack my computer?
NetTock relies on a couple of unfair distribution methods. In order to make a good first impression, this application is promoted as a shopping helper. As you can imagine, right after internet users download NetTock virus, they are completely disappointed and even annoyed by this worthless extension. Moreover, the main reason why people install this program is freewares. To be more precise, this dubious adware may travel bundled with numerous free applications that are floating the web. Try not to fall for such deceptive tricks and always check what programs you are going to install. For that, read end-user license agreement section of your desired program and look for suspicious statements about third-party advertisements, tracking cookies and similar doubtful information. If you see NetTock ads, it means that this program is already in your system. For this scenario, you just need to check your recently installed programs and remove this intruder.
How to remove NetTock virus from my computer?
Usually, removing similar adwares are not that hard. However, sometimes removing an adware from your Add/Remove Programs folder are not enough. Sometimes you need to scan your computer with an anti-spyware program in order to make sure whether your computer is secure enough. Don't let NetTock redirects bother you; follow this simple removal guide.
- Remove NetTock from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as NetTock or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries, such as NetTock.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.