What is Nettritue.com?
Nettritue.com is a search site that has already showed up on many computers. If you know what we mean because it hijacked your Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browser as well, you should definitely read this post and seriously think whether it's worth leaving this search engine on the system or not. First thing that you should know is that Nettritue.com may show you altered search results. In most of the cases, they it does that for promoting related websites. In addition, Nettritue.com redirects may be followed by annoying pop-up ads, serious system slow downs and similar issues. In fact, many PC security experts have already decided to include Nettritue.com to 'browser hijacker' category. That's why you need only to scan your computer with reputable anti-spyware when trying to remove this unfair search engine from the system.
How can Nettritue.com hijack my computer?
In most of the cases, Nettritue.com hijacks systems without asking an appropriate people's permission. It is typically done with a help of freeware and shareware. That's why security experts always recommend being very careful when downloading such software on the system. Please, don't forget to read End User License Agreement and other people's reviews when installing questionable programs from the Internet. In addition, choose Custom or Advanced installation and then follow every installation step. If you find a check mark that claims: 'Make Nettritue.com my homepage', 'I agree to make Nettritue.com my default search engine', etc., you should uncheck it. Unfortunately, this search site may still appear on your computer one day. If it has already did this, you should follow a guide below and remove Nettritue.com virus from it.
How to remove Nettritue.com?
If you are one of those PC users who discovered Nettritue.com instead of their homepage or default search engine, you should check your recently installed programs because one of them helped this questionable search engine enrer it. In this case, you should use this step-by-step guide and fix your computer:
- Scan your computer with reliable anti-spyware program. For that, we recommend using Reimage, Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareMalwarebytes Malwarebytes.
- Uninstall a freeware, which is related to Nettritue.com:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, BetterSurf, PureLead, Search Assist, Re-Markable, Lollipop, HD-Total-Plus, Safe Saver, Trusted Web, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, PureLeads, Media Player 1.1, RRSavings, etc.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Restore your browsers:
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon → 'Manage Add-ons'.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries and remove them.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on the gear icon again and select 'Internet options'.
4. Remove Nettritue.com and enter your preferred domain name.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the gear icon again, select 'Manage Add-ons' → 'Search Providers',
6. Set your preferred search engine.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select 'Add-ons' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, select unfamiliar add-ons and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click Firefox, choose 'Options'
4. Here, eliminate Nettritue.com and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon and question mark icon
6. Here, click 'Troubleshooting Information' and click 'Reset Firefox'.
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, select suspicious extensions and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose 'Settings' → 'On startup' section → 'set pages'
4. Here, eliminate Nettritue.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon → 'Settings' → 'Search' section
6. Here, click 'Manage Search Engines…' and add your preferred domain name.