NewTab Connect is a very questionable application that may cause privacy-related issues. This application is promoted via Google Chrome app store; therefore, we can assure you that this program is not a virus. However, NewTab Connect has initiated various questions, discussions and uncertainties about its initiated activities. It looks like this questionable application is capable of tracking people's online and offline activities. Moreover, if you use this app on your smartphone, it may have ability to track your physical location and similar sensitive information. If you think that your private information is important to you, you should remove NewTab Connect from the system. Nonetheless, this program has NOTHING to do with viruses.
How can NewTab Connect appear on my computer?
We have noticed that NewTab Connect is not transmitted like a typical adware or a potentially unwanted program. Usually, adwares and potentially unwanted programs are distributed via freewares and sharewares. However, this program has nothing to do with this distribution technique and you can easily download NewTab Connect from Google Chrome app store, which is a reliable download page. However, as we have already mentioned, you should think twice before doing so because this application may initiate many questionable activities behind your back.
How to remove NewTab Connect from my computer?
If you are concerned about your privacy, we recommend removing NewTab Connect from the system. These simple instructions will help you:
- Uninstall NewTab Connect from your computer:
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for NewTab Connect and other recently installed/unfamiliar applications.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Scan your computer with reliable anti-spyware program. We recommend using Reimage, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus or Malwarebytes Anti Malware. These anti-spyware programs will help you to protect your PC all the time.
- Reset your Google Chrome:
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for NewTab Connect, and other unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.