OMG Music Plus (also known as OMG Music Toolbar) is a very questionable plug-in, which may be related to Search.conduit.com. This extension may affect all the major browsers that users are using, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Although this toolbar/extension may look quite reliable, we are not so sure about that. Once OMG Music Plus hijacks your browser, you may experience uncontrollable advertisements and some of your browser's settings may be changed without your permission. In other words, you may notice Search.conduit.com as your home page and as your search engine right after your browser is hijacked. Moreover, OMG Music Plus ads can be extremely annoying.
How can OMG Music Plus hijack my computer?
It looks like OMG Music Plus virus is spread with the help of various freewares, sharewares and other free applications. This distribution method is very popular and it is often misused by advertisers or even cyber criminals. Freewares are usually filled with all sorts of attachments (dubious plug-ins, toolbars, add-ons, extensions, games, apps, etc.) that is why you should be very careful. OMG Music Plus virus and similar ad-supported programs may violate your privacy because these programs usually invoke tracking cookies in order to track your online presence. Please be careful and check every single program that you are going to install. Read end-user license agreement (EULA) section in order to find more information about your desired program. You should also select custom or advanced installation option and track the entire progress. Try to find unfamiliar/questionable attachments and unmark them.
How to remove OMG Music Plus virus from my computer?
This unwanted application may easily redirect you to a very dangerous website that is filled with malicious files. We are completely sure that you do not want that. Follow these instructions and remove OMG Music Plus virus from your system:
- Uninstall OMG Music Plus from your computer:
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as OMG Music Toolbar, ValueApps, Conduit Toolbar etc.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Restore your browsers:
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon -> 'Manage Add-ons'.
2. Here, look for OMG Music Toolbar, Shopping Helper Object, Babylon IE plugin, etc., and remove these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on the gear icon again and select 'Internet options'.
4. Remove Search.conduit.com and enter your preferred domain name.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the gear icon again, select 'Manage Add-ons' -> 'Search Providers',
6. Set your preferred search engine.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select 'Add-ons' -> 'Extensions'.
2. Here, select OMG Music Toolbar, Shopping Helper Object, Babylon, etc., and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click Firefox, choose 'Options'
4. Here, eliminate Search.conduit.com and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon and question mark icon
6. Here, click 'Troubleshooting Information' and click 'Reset Firefox'.
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions'.
2. Here, select, OMG Music Toolbar, Shopping Helper Object, Babylon, etc., and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose 'Settings' -> 'On startup' section -> 'set pages'
4. Here, eliminate Search.conduit.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> 'Settings' -> 'Search' section
6. Here, click 'Manage Search Engines…' and add your preferred domain name.