Onmylike.com is a search engine, which is mostly categorized as adware or browser hijacker. That's because it causes continuous redirections to unknown websites that seek to increase their visitors number. Besides, it may show you continuous pop-up notifications, collect information about your browsing activity or simply slow the browser down. However, this site is not a computer infection and, if you noticed Onmylike on your machine, it doesn't mean that it infiltrated it as virus. You simply downloaded it there in one pack with other application. In order to avoid inconveniences that are caused by onmylike.com, you should remove it from the system.
HOW CAN Onmylike.com GET INSIDE MY COMPUTER?
As we have mentioned previously, onmylike.com is distributed using unfair distribution method, which is called 'bundling'. This way of distribution typically relies on free programs that are filled with free additions for monetization purpose. Those who seek to prevent infiltration of onmylike.com should know, that they can do it by unchecking the check box that agrees to download this search engine on their computers. Otherwise, users should be prepared for discovering this page instead of their favorite start page or default search engine and also noticing continuous interruptions during their search sessions.
HOW TO REMOVE Onmylike.com?
If you noticed annoying redirects that are caused by Onmylike.com, then you have to check your computer with updated anti-spyware and make sure that it is free of browser hijackers and similar viruses. For that, we recommend using Reimage, Malwarebytes or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareNorton Internet Security. In addition, follow these steps to get rid of this program for good:
* Remove Onmylike.com via Add/Remove Programs list:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Wsys Control, Onmylike and other unknown entries, and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
* Remove Onmylike.com add-on from your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
- Here, look for Wsys Control, Onmylike and similar entries, and click 'uninstall'.
- After that, change the start page.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’.
- Find Wsys Control, Onmylike and similar entries, and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Once you do that, don't forget to change the start page.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools -> Extensions.
- Here, look for Wsys Control, Onmylike and other unknown extensions and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
- After that, change the settings of your start page.