PacFunction ads and notifications during your browsing don’t mean that your favorite sites are showing them for you. That means that this program, which spreads around in a form of web browser plugin, has hijacked each of your web browsers. So, there is no other way to get rid of these ads, just the removal of PacFunction virus. It seems that you should really think about eliminating this program from the system because it may also be used for monitoring people’s browsing and collecting information about their mostly visited websites, data that is entered on them and similar things. That means that you can easily lose your personally identifiable information. Also, you may notice PacFunction redirects to unknown sites when having this potentially unwanted program installed on your computer.
How can PacFunction hijack my computer?
PacFunction is spread around using bundling. So, you can easily install this program on your computer when installing various download managers, PDF creators, video steaming and recording software and similar programs. For avoiding that, be sure that you read end-user license agreement. If you see that program that you need is safe enough, choose Custom or Advanced installation option and opt out of ‘optional downloads’. For that you should find check marks that notify about PacFunction or similar installs and uncheck them. If you think that PacFunction virus has already infiltrated your machine, you can solve this issue by using these instructions.
How to remove PacFunction virus?
For eliminating PacFunction and alerts that are caused by it, you should check your computer with Reimage or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus. Also, follow these steps in order to avoid a return of this adware:
- Remove PacFunction from you computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as PacFunction and other unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.