PassWizzard is a very annoying application that has the ability to generate intrusive advertisements and force you to visit sponsored websites. That is why this untrustworthy application is categorized as an adware. Developers who are behind such programs usually promote them as useful extensions for your browser. Unfortunately, the truth is a bit different. If you install this application to your system, you may experience PassWizzard ads. However, that is not the worst thing that could happen. After conducting a research, we have noticed that similar adwares are capable of recording such information as your visited websites, what links you have clicked and what search queries you have typed. This information may be recorded with the intention to use it for various commercial reasons. If you do not want to be a victim of PassWizzard adware, we recommend reading this whole article.
How can PassWizzard hijack my computer?
PassWizzard virus may rely on various freewares, sharewares and even questionable download websites for its distribution. This ad-supported application may travel bundled with freewares. Usually, that is how people install PassWizzard adware. In order to avoid that, you should avoid visiting unfamiliar and suspicious websites and avoid downloading programs from such websites. PassWizzard virus may hide as an additional attachment; therefore, it is recommended to check what programs you download and if these programs are safe enough. If you follow the entire installation process closely, you should notice such unwanted attachments as PassWizzard. Hence, if you are going to rush the installation, choose 'quick', 'fast', 'recommended' installation option and click 'next' thru the entire installation, you may easily overlook and install PassWizzard application.
How to remove PassWizzard virus from my computer?
Right after this dubious adware enters your computer, you may experience PassWizzard redirects and see annoying ads. Don't worry, this potentially unwanted program can hardly pose you any threat; however, if you want to stop PassWizzard ads from appearing on your screen, you should remove this pesky intruder. These simple guidelines will help you.
- Remove PassWizzard from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as PassWizzard, Coinis Downloader, SaverAddon, SupTab, WebSaver, Shopping-Addon, ValueApps, Lollipop, PriceMeter, Supra Savings, weDownload Manager, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, BetterSurf, PureLead, Search Assist, Re-Markable, Lollipop, HD-Total-Plus, Safe Saver, Trusted Web, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, PureLeads, Media Player 1.1, RRSavings or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Remove PassWizzard extension from your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ → ‘Manage Add-ons’ → ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries, such as PassWizzard and click 'uninstall'.
3. Once you remove it, change your start page.
Reset your Internet Explorer (Optional):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’ → ‘Extensions’.
2. Find suspicious-looking entries, such as PassWizzard and click ‘Uninstall’.
3. After that, change the start page.
Reset your Mozilla Firefox (Optional):
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools → Extensions.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar extensions like PassWizzard and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
3. Don't forget to change start page.