Pcsupport.1-newmessages.com pop-ups may be caused by a very dubious application that may hide somewhere in your PC. In this particular case, these ads and pop-ups may look like fake warnings and notifications in order to scare you. This questionable program may promote online tech support services and display a fake message that your computer has a virus or trojan infection. In fact, in order to get rid of this infection that you allegedly have, you will be offered to call tech support number. As you can imagine, Pcsupport.1-newmessages.com ads are completely fake. Hence, you should not click these ads or call the given number by any means. Besides, if you decide to call a given number, you may receive an extremely large phone bill for such useless services. If you see Pcsupport.1-newmessages.com ads, you should ignore them and scan your computer with reliable anti-spyware program.
How can Pcsupport.1-newmessages.com hijack my computer?
Pcsupport.1-newmessages.com virus usually travels together with various free applications as an extra attachment. Therefore, if you are recklessly installing unfamiliar freewares, you may install this unwanted application as well. That is why you should check every single program that you want to install. Firstly, read end-user license agreement section of every doubtful program that you are willing to install. Secondly, avoid choosing 'basic', 'quick', or 'recommended' installation method for doubtful programs. Instead, select 'advanced' or 'custom' installation option and follow the entire process. Pcsupport.1-newmessages.com virus may look like an ordinary toolbar. Therefore, you should opt out of such unfamiliar additions.
How to remove Pcsupport.1-newmessages.com pop-up virus from my computer?
If your anti-spyware program is updated, you should have no problem removing Pcsupport.1-newmessages.com virus automatically. However, if you computer is unprotected, you should follow these guidelines and remove this worthless intruder manually.
- Remove the freeware, which is related to Pcsupport.1-newmessages.com:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Shopping-Addon, SupTab, ValueApps, Lollipop, SavingAddon, PriceMeter, Supra Savings, weDownload Manager, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, BetterSurf, PureLead, Search Assist, Re-Markable, Lollipop, HD-Total-Plus, Safe Saver, Trusted Web, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, PureLeads, Media Player 1.1, RRSavings or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.