Police Judiciaire Fédérale virus is a sneaky application that relies on malicious trojan horse when it seeks to infiltrate its target PC system. This program can also be categorized as ransomware because it blocks down the system as soon as it is downloaded onto it. Please, be very careful when visiting illegal websites, opening spam and performing other insecure activities if you don't want to let this virus inside. From the first sight, it may seem like a legitimate notification from the governmental authority, which is located in France. However, in reality it's just a fake warning that seeks to scare you and make you pay nonexistent fine. If you see Police Judiciaire Fédérale's alert on your computer's desktop, you should beware that your machine is infected and that you need to get rid of malicious files that belong to this ransomware.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH Police Judiciaire Fédérale virus?
As we have already mentioned, Police Judiciaire Fédérale virus is spread via illegal or hacked websites, freeware, spam and similar means of distribution. The mostly-used way is fake e-mails that seem to belong to some legitimate company, such as Fedex, eBay, Amazon and similar. Once victim opens the mail, he/she downloads trojan horse, which additionally starts malicious activites. It typically downloads malicious files and locks down the PC. As a result, Police Judiciaire Fédérale virus shows up with its fake alert that reports about various law violations and asks to pay the fine for unblocking the PC. Please, never follow these recommendations because you will lose 100 euros in a form of fake fine. We highly recommend eliminating Police Judiciaire Fédérale virus from the system without any delay.
HOW TO REMOVE Police Judiciaire Fédérale virus?
Remember, you should always follow safe web browsing practices in order to avoid this ransomware virus. If you have already been locked by this threat, follow these steps to unlock your computer and remove Police Judiciaire Fédérale virus:
* Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download Reimage, Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner or similar anti-spyware application.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with Police Judiciaire Fédérale virus once more and run a full system scan with Reimage
* Users infected with ransomware viruses are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual Police Judiciaire Fédérale virus removal:
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable Police Judiciaire Fédérale virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Reimage or Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner to remove remaining files.