Police Nationale virus is a French ransonware, which will do anything to make you think that you have some problems with your country's police. Just like Police Nationale Francaise virus and Virus Sacem Police Nationale, it locks down computer and then shows a huge warning, which reports about laws that you violated. In most of the cases, users are accused for using and spreading copyrighted content. However, virus may also claim that you were spreading malware or watching pornographic material. No matter that it looks really trustworthy, this alert is displayed for one big reason – Police Nationale virus seeks to convince you that you have to pay a fine for all these crimes. Typically, it asks paying a ransom of 100 euros and claims that this will unblock the system. Before you fall for this promise, remember that in reality it has nothing in common with the real Police of your country. It belongs to scammers who seek to steal the money from unaware PC users.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH Police Nationale virus?
Police Nationale virus is mostly spread with a help of trojans. Scammers rely on trojan horses because they can infiltrate machines unnoticed and also modify the system according to their needs. Once such trojan attacks computer, it downloads malicious files that belong to Police Nationale virus and locks down the machine. As soon as it is done, ransomware gets ability to display its fake warning on the desktop. Of course, it uses French language because it is designed to attack only those PCs that are in France. If you see an alert, which claims 'Attention! Votre ordinateur personnel est bloque pour des raisons de securite sulvantes', you must ignore it because it seeks to rip you off.
HOW TO REMOVE Police Nationale virus?
Just like any other ransomware, Police Nationale virus is really annoying threat, which keeps computer blocked. Besides, it may disconnect cromputer from Internet connection and also block legitimate security programs. However, you can remove the lock, you just neek to know how to do that. We recommend following this Police Nationale removal guide and fix your machine.
- Reboot your infected computer.
- Click Start -> Run and enter https://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe (if your are blocked by ransomware, press alt+tab and continue entering this address)
- A warning that belongs to ransomware may show up again. In this case, press Alt+Tab and “R” as much as needed.
- Install anti-malware and run a full system scan to remove malicious files from the system.
Manual Police Nationale virus removal:
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable thisI virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Reimage, Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareMalwarebytes Malwarebytes or other reputable anti-spyware to remove remaining files.
Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download Reimage or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with Police Nationale virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with these ransomware threats are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.