Politia Romana virus is a dangerous program that may look like legitimate application, which belongs for Romanian Police department. Mostly, it works in this specific region. However, there are many different versions of this threat that hail from the same group of viruses, which is called Ukash. We have already announced about Luxembourg Police virus, Česká Republika Policie virus, Politiet Norge Virus and many other variants of this group of ransomwares. After getting inside the computer, these threats block the entire system down and display a huge alert explaining that user has been locked because of his law violations and now he has to pay the fine in order to remove the lock. Basically, you can't do anything when this virus is on your computer. If you think that paying the fine (it will be between 100 and 200 euros) will help you to remove the lock and unblock the system, you should think again because you can do this only by removing Politia Romana virus from your PC.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH Politia Romana virus?
At the first glance, it seems that Politia Romana virus has infected your computer out of nowhere. However, in reality it can be easily downloaded from any random website if it has been locked by hackers. As soon as it enters computer, it locks down the computer with its alert, which claims that you have violated various laws, like been watching copyrighted content, spreading malware, viewing pornographic videos and doing other illegal activities. It uses such title: Calculatorul dvs. Este blocat! Before you fall for this story and pay the fine, you should know that police would never hide under screen-blocking alerts and collect the fines in such way because they like to see their criminals face to face. If you are infected with Politia Romana virus, be sure to ignore its misleading notification and remove this threat from the system.
HOW CAN I REMOVE Politia Romana virus?
If you are capable to get on the Internet, you should immediately download reputable anti-spyware program and run a full system scan with it. We recommend using Reimage, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus or Malwarebytes Anti Malware after updating.
Questions about Politia Romana virus
If you can't get on the Internet, try these things:
* Users infected with Politiet Politia Romana Virus are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Use Flash Drive method:
- Take another machine and use it to download Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus, Reimage or other reputable anti-malware program.
- Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
- In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
- Reboot computer infected with Politiet Norge Ukash virus once more and run a full system scan with anti-malware again.